• This topic has 25 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by akira.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA – Brand X dropper XL (150mm drop) £99.99 at CRC
  • nre
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure this was still around £125 a few days ago (I checked after the recent PSA for the 120mm drop version at £79.99).

The question is, do I return my recent (unused) purchase of the 120mm and swap to the 150mm…? Hmmm….

submarined
    Free Member

Yes, if it fits then definitely!

There’s no way of saying this without sounding very Kenneth Williams, but that extra inch makes a big difference IMHO.

pictonroad

Good PSA, I persuaded a friend to buy the 120mm last week, let’s hope he hasn’t fitted it!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

thats 8 quid saving over my psa a month or so ago! get one! bargain!

JAG

Only available in Stealth routing version – Phew!

I just ordered the Brand-X Ascend II 125mm drop for £124.99

I thought for a moment it may be gong back before it arrives – if you know what I mean 😀

Poopscoop

F***!

Ordered last night at normal price! 😡

Poopscoop

Actually,no, on the invoice it shows as £99…. And I used a BC code too. Bargain!

BX droppers are great!

You can keep your Reverb tat. 😀

Kamakazie

Great price. I got mine last year at the £150odd price and even then thought it was a good buy.

The remote isn’t the best but the action is smooth and it’s not sagging yet!

spacemonkey

Epic PSA.  Been holding out for one of these to drop in price again.  £92 inc delivery with BC discount.  Happy days.  Nice one OP.

matt_outandabout

The remote isn’t the best but the action is smooth and it’s not sagging yet!

There is solution to that….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/24xuVJq]Dropper Post Heath Robinson[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/24xuVLE]Dropper Post Heath Robinson[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/How-To-Connect-Your-Dropper-Post-to-Shimano-or-SRAM-Front-Shifter,839

Poopscoop

I think the standard paddle trigger isn’t too bad at all.

That said I’ve bought the Bontrager trigger for £17.50 and it is better built for sure.

matt_outandabout

I thought standard was ‘ok but wobbly’ as STW did.

6 months in, due to being so small, the clamp was done up tight to stop it rotating and I rounded the bolt. It was also by now wobbling as much up and down as forward and back…

I just decided that rather investing in ‘iffy’ lever, I could invest faff time in lush 9sp XT lever. It took about 10 mins to bodge that up, and sooooo much more solid.

qwerty
    Free Member

Re: The lever I’ve used a Bontrager Drop Line remote from Triton, you’ll need to open up the BX cable grub screw with a 4.5mm drill bit and drill half way through to accept the gear inner nipple, might also need to smooth off the nipple head with a file too. The bonus of this is a better lever and the cable is then fixed at the remote end which is easier to install. I also added a bit of grip tape to the remote lever for added, err… grip.

Alpha1653

Cheers Nre. Ordered to replace my Giant dropper which will be going on the classifieds once the BX dropper arrives….

Poopscoop

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>

qwerty
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>

</div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Re: The lever I’ve used a Bontrager Drop Line remote from Triton, you’ll need to open up the BX cable grub screw with a 4.5mm drill bit and drill half way through to accept the gear inner nipple, might also need to smooth off the nipple head with a file too. The bonus of this is a better lever and the cable is then fixed at the remote end which is easier to install. I also added a bit of grip tape to the remote lever for added, err… grip.

Good point!

I hope BX/ CRC don’t consider that a warranty killer? I’m guessing I could just send it back without the little grub screw part anyway. As that is all you are modifying of if I understand correctly?

</div>

EDIT: Actually I think I will just use the grub screw/barrel as is. So effectively I just use a gear cable cwith both ends cut off. That’ll work fine too. 😊

Neb

I’ve just bought one as well, is the included remote really that bad? Is the bontrager dropline remote a better solution than buying a modified shifter?

Wondering whether to just buy/install it all at the same time or not..

Cheers

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I got the 120mm normal version….haven’t opened the box yet, but I understand it comes with a lever much like a left hand gear shifter as standard?  Which would clash with a left hand front shifter?

So you either buy the after market paddle shifter, or go 1×10?  (I’m on 2×10)

Or are there any other cheaper/better solutions?

Neb

I installed it tonight and I’m initially impressed. The remote isn’t great, but it’ll do for the moment. Nice on OP, good PSA!

Poopscoop

Just an FYI….

Bought and fitted the Bontrager shifter.

It works ok but really could have done with a return spring in the lever as the spring tension from the dropper is just about enough to return the lever to it’s place. Not helped by a sharp bend in the cable on my frame…

So yes, it does work but with a slight niggle in my case. Nice quality shifter though!👍

akira

Can someone measure the minimum saddle height possible, think I’m too much of a shortage shortarse for this post.

Poopscoop

From bottom of collar to middle of saddle tail?

Poopscoop

Said measurement is 20.8cm.

Poopscoop

Ooh, with the bonty remote, it’s return action is much improved with a bit of oil on the bushing so it’s all good. :D👌

Poopscoop

Can someone measure the minimum saddle height possible, think I’m too much of a shortage shortarse for this post.

Akira, my last measurement was max saddle height.lol

Minimum, from bottom of collar to middle of saddle rail is approx 62mm. Hope that helps.

nairnster
    Free Member

Wolftooth Remote for mine.

akira

Cheers poopscoop, as I though I’m a bit too short for this, might have to get the 125mm one instead.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Brand X dropper XL (150mm drop) £99.99 at CRC’ is closed to new replies.