Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA – Bones Brigade Autobiography on Amazon Prime
  • razorrazoo

Was on Netflix a couple of years ago, just found it on Prime this evening and enjoyed a second viewing. Essential watching if you were into 80s and early 90s skateboarding.

CountZero

I have a Powell-Peralta ‘Shred’ tee shirt that’s years old, and I had a set of original Bones wheels on my skateboard, but my brother borrowed them and doesn’t know where they are. I’ve got blue Kryptonics on it at the moment, although I haven’t ridden for ages.
    Powell-Peralta have reintroduced the Shred design, I must get some more in different colours.

jkomo

My era as a skater, cheers.

dallas95
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up! Mullen is a genius imo.

bob_summers

Iˋll be watching that later, cheers.

Think itˋs just Powell now, though?
    Used to have a Caballero bats n dragon. With cardboard Boneite plies. Now gracing the wall of a mateˋs tattoo studio.

maccruiskeen

Mullen is a genius imo.

Hi TED talks are lovely

sandboy

That was great, a proper unexpected treat! Brought back some gtreat memories from my youth, especially the time around Animal Chin.Thank you!

razorrazoo

Watching it makes you realise how the BB shaped skateboarding and extreme sports culture for years to come.

– Stacey Peralta – visionary, took a load of raw talent and changed the face of pro skateboarding. First skate vid etc

– Rodney Mullen – basically invented tech street skating as it is today

– Tony Hawk – as above for vert

– Lance Mountain – created the video part, took skating out of comps and to the common person on the street

And on top of that you have Cab, McGill and TG, all also huge in their own right.

sandboy

All of them were pioneers of modern skating and then you realise they also paved the way as far as progression in snowboarding. If skating was a religion, they’d be the disciples!!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

IMHO the far better vid of the period was the Vision Agent Orange vid, much more raw and gnarly skating… says the chap who would always fast Fwrd the Mullen section because freestyle was just too lame!

DezB
    Free Member

Agh, it’s not on Netflix anymore.. but! Dogtown and Z-Boys is! Which is more my era anyway 😀

razorrazoo

IMHO the far better vid of the period was the Vision Agent Orange vid, much more raw and gnarly skating…

Have a repro Vision Gonz deck hanging on my wall at home

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Bones Brigade Autobiography on Amazon Prime’ is closed to new replies.