Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • PSA bean to cup coffee machines
  • flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s been done but ebay have a 20% code off with max £60 discount selected sellers.

Just picked up a brand new delonghi bean to cup from ao ebay shop with £60 off the price.

Code is SHOP4LESS

Code can obviously be used for anything but as this is stw thought this was appropriate.

toby1

Thanks, worked on a desk fan I was looking at too (£44 off!) 🙂

Superficial
    Free Member

Spending £200 on a desk fan :o\

Cougar

I’m not one to fan-shame, but I’m curious in a Samuel L Jackson five dollar milkshake sort of way as to what a £200 desk fan looks like. I was being questioned just yesterday by the family about my Meaco “air circulation device” (as recommended by this parish in a previous episode of STW) and that cost £100. And you couldn’t really consider it a desk fan unless your desk is the size of Apollo’s Mission Control.

tonyd

It was John Travolta who was interested in the $5 milk shake, Samuel L Jackson’s tasty beverage of choice was Sprite 🙂

I recently spent £200 on a desk fan, and a reconditioned one at that! Got one of those fancy Dyson cooling fan things. For the 2-3 sweltering days each year for the past few years I’ve sat in my study at home wishing I had one and promising myself I’d get one. Then the worst of the heat passes and I congratulate myself on money saved.

This year, since I can’t easily escape to an air conditioned office (thanks COVID) I bit the bullet. Have to say, it’s money well spent. Lovely and cool, and quiet enough that I can leave it on during zoom calls.

Edit to add: Just checked the site and see they’ve gone up to £250 – glad I panic bought before the heat started now!

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Classic stw with £200 desk fans 🙂

dissonance

I was being questioned just yesterday by the family about my Meaco “air circulation device”

Maybe for 200 you get a fan which works well and looks good as opposed to a Meaco which only does the first.
    I assume you have a 1056? Which is an ugly bit of kit although rather effective and quiet enough on the lower settings to let me sleep easily.

toby1

I don’t handle the heat well, I have worked from home for the last 15 months and hated the hot days and trying to cool my upstairs workspace (i.e. the spare room).

Yes, it’s quite expensive, but I am hoping it can stay on during calls, will be effective, doesn’t have blades so the dog won’t attack it. We all spend money on stuff right?

Classic stw with £200 desk fans 🙂

I also bought an Octy VRs estate this weekend, I’m a cliche, I’ve accepted it 😉

tonyd

Classic stw with £200 desk fans

Spending 40+ hours a week at said desk makes it a reasonable investment in my opinion, yours may differ. Plus it gets moved to my sons room overnight which helps him sleep through the heat. All told it’s getting 12+ hours of use per day which is a pretty good return.

How much did you spend on your rear mech / anodized stem / coffee grinder / <insert bling> and how much use do you get out of it?

Different strokes…..

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

See I’ve pushed the wrong buttons with my smiley comment tonyd.

It wasn’t meant as a slight on your purchase.

tonyd

See I’ve pushed the wrong buttons with my smiley comment tonyd.

It’s Monday and I’m grumpy 🙂

toby1

It’s Monday and I’m grumpy 🙂

Me too! Fan and coffee need applying 😉

DrP

It’s Monday and I’m grumpy
    you need to chill out dude….. cool it.. etc etc (and other fan related puns)

Lolz

DrP

Superficial
    Free Member

Me too! Fan and coffee need applying

OK, so what Espresso machine, then?

There seem to be some decent discounts on reconditioned Sage Barista machines. Are these worthwhile or should I spend more and get a warranty? Any other good deals?

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Just for info, I think the 20% code ends today.

If the refurb sage units have a guarantee then go for it but I wouldn’t pay the price if there is no warranty especially on eBay.

That’s why I went with ao as it’s got 12 month warranty and its brand new

eskay

Maybe for 200 you get a fan which works well and looks good as opposed to a Meaco which only does the first.
    I assume you have a 1056? Which is an ugly bit of kit although rather effective and quiet enough on the lower settings to let me sleep easily.

We have the 650, great fan for the bedroom. Between setting 2-5 is enough during the night to keep you cool without waking you up.

easily
    Free Member

Thanks for this, I bought a refurbished Sage Oracle espresso machine for £670.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve lost touch with eBay, presumably this is for BIN sales only?

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

@easily
    Great stuff. Let me know the condition of the refurb when it arrives

@cynic-al

Yea think it was bin sales. There were some good savings on new items.

easily
    Free Member

@flyingpotatoes

Will do. They claim it will arrive tomorrow … we’ll see.

grum
    Free Member

Got one of those fancy Dyson cooling fan things.

I was given one of these by a mate who worked for Dyson 😀

dantsw13

Whilst that code has expired eBay just gave me 10% off a refurbished B2C machine direct from Delonghi. £250 for a £500 RRp machine.

Now, which beans for……..

jonnyboi

where did you get the code? TIA

dantsw13

As I checked out on ebay it offered me a voucher

easily
    Free Member

The Oracle has arrived. It’s huge.

It looks to be in very good shape – no obvious dent’s or scratches. I was warned that some bits and pieces were missing, but hadn’t realised the water filter was one of them. This means I cannot use it until I’ve ordered one from Sage.
    It’s now taking up a large part of my workspace, and it looks good. I’ll report again when I know more.

toby1

Over-priced fan is also doing a lovely job of cooling me down and even on full power it doesn’t intfere with call audio AND it has a remote so I can control it easily from my chair.

whatgoesup

OP – thanks very bloody much for this. I am now the owner of a refurbished Sage Barista Pro – upgrade from a Delonghi Magnifica.

First impressions – a genuine step up, more like a “real” espresso machine. One quick test shot using default settings is already better but early evening is not the time to be using this thing given I’d like to sleep at some point.

Downside – I’m now researching high performance baskets etc. Total rabbit hole. Jeez.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Glad to hear the fan and coffee machines have arrived!

Still waiting for my first foray into bean to cup.

There are still some refurbished delonghi bean to cup machines on the delonghi eBay shop. And there is an extra 8% code to reduce the price using code PROMO8.

Not sure if this code will work with different sellers

dantsw13

My Delonghi B2C arrives Monday – very excited!! I’ve bought some Rwandan beans from my favourite coffee shop in Hastings, Stooge Coffee.

easily
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Sage for a couple of days now, and I’m happy so far. I’ve only tried espresso and a couple of lattes, but they’ve come out well and are easy to make. I’m still messing round with grinds and extraction times, so I reckon they’ll get even better.

Everything is working as it should be. My favourite feature is that it turns itself on 15 minutes before I get up, so it’s warmed up and I just have to press a button to get a shot.

Thanks again for the tips – I’d never have been able to afford this otherwise.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Just had my first coffee with the new b2c machine.
    It takes up a lot more space than the pod machine but the coffee is nicer and weirdly tastes smoother than using the pods.

Just need to discuss what beans as dantsw13 suggested

flanagaj
    Free Member

Just picked up a brand new delonghi bean to cup

You do realise that you’ll never find coffee out as good as what you get from these machines. The thick coffee froth looks like you have added milk. I am sure you’ll be impressed.

Best purchase I ever made.

rone

Sage oracle is fantastic.

I paid close-ish to full price but has been amazing on this period.

Takes a bit of dialing in but a great machine once settled.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

@flanagaj

Yes I’m just adjusting the grinder as the froth isn’t too thick straight out of the box.

But so far I’m very impressed compared with the Nespresso pod machine it’s replacing.

flanagaj
    Free Member

@flyingpotatoes

But so far I’m very impressed compared with the Nespresso pod machine it’s replacing.

No pods to dispose of either! I have tried lots of coffee beans and am currently on the Morrison’s beans. Top value at £1.49 for 227g too.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Wow that’s great value. Will have to get some next time I’m in Morrisons.

BillMC

more reasons to have one

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/22/drinking-coffee-may-cut-risk-of-chronic-liver-disease-study-suggests

I get beans from Hormozi, Indian Monsoon current favourite.

bazzer
    Free Member

Which bean to cup machines are people recommending?

BillMC

A popular standard is the Magnifica, can be had on various deals.

whatgoesup

Which bean to cup machines are people recommending?

That kind of depends on your budget.
    As above the magnifica is good for the money.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘PSA bean to cup coffee machines’ is closed to new replies.