Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA: anyone lost a Lovely old Manitou MTb Manchester area
  • Bregante

Ok. Long story short, for them who don’t know I’m a copper in Manchester and I came across some kid yesterday on a lovely Chrome Manitou HT (92?) with some really nice red and blue anodised kit on it and an unusual Manitou stem I haven’t seen before. Although it was an oldie, it would no doubt have been someone’s pride and joy and I’d love to be able to reunite it with it’s owner. Best image I can find of a similar frame off the Internet is below. Stem was similar to the one in the image.

If anyone has any info. Email addy in profile.

xiphon
    Free Member

Retro Bike – for all things retro.

brakes
    Free Member

do you take bikes off kids to order 😉

zigzag69
    Free Member

Posted link on retrobike

Bregante

Thanks zigzag. Poor little mite riding it appears to have amnesia about where he got it from etc 🙂

doof_doof
    Free Member

Wow I thought all of those Answer era frames ended up cracking. Might be worth a bit if it’s in decent condition.

Bregante

Yep. It will be gutting to give it him back, as he now knows it could be worth a few quid.

niceandy
    Free Member

It’s a long shot, but it looks like a frame and forks old riding mate from Denton used to have. He used that one for commuting to work (between Denton and Virgin Trains at Belle-Vue). He’d been biking since the real early days and had loads of top drawer kit from back in the day (including the really classic Manitou frame which had forks replacing the seat stays).

Two problems are I haven’t seen him in at least 6 years (as he retired from MTB) and I’m now living in Sweden.

I’ll text a mate from back home to see if he knows anything and get back to you if I get a response by email.

Big thanks for noticing it out and about posting it up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA: anyone lost a Lovely old Manitou MTb Manchester area’ is closed to new replies.