Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA Alpkit Down Sleeping Bag £99
  • irc

If only I wasn’t too tall and fat I’d have one.

PipeDream 200 Hydrophobic

burko73

I saw these. How fats too fat? I’m 5’8″ and currently a bit portly, do you need racing snake physique or will someone who’s had a good Xmas fit?

sweepy
    Free Member

I can’t actually answer your question burko but I would say from experience that a brilliant bag can be rendered useless by being too small, so careful now.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

At that price it may just be worth taking a punt?
    Pretty sure you could always send it back mind..

irc

Go with the Alpkit guidance. Best fit is 5ft11 shoulder circ 124cm. At 6ft3 and 130cm shoulders I don’t even need to think about it. I’m past the tight fit.

benjamins11
    Free Member

To be honest, the £25 quid saving over the normal price isn’t staggering.

hora
    Free Member

I like their description/guidelines- most manufacturers you struggle to get black n white information

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have a pipedream 200 long version at 6ft 3 and 13 stone.

I wouldn’t like to be any bigger in it it’d be like a condom.

Mean while my northface blue kazoo regular despite me being over the recommended height for it. I could get 2 of me inside it……

And while it’s a good bag. It’s strictly a summer /good conditions only bag – well in Scotland anyway where you can have all 4 seasons in one 3 HR period……I’ve had a few short cold nights in mine when out running in spring as I don’t have room for a big bag in my pack.

burko73

i figured a pipedream 200 on a blow up mat inside a terra nova laser comp would be ok for spring/ summer/ early autumn in the english lowlands/ dartmoor etc. was hoping id have room for my patagonia down shirt inside as well thus giving me a more capable “sleepsystem”

devash
    Free Member

Alpkit’s “long” version is most other manufacturer’s “regular” fit.

Their regular bags come up rather small. 6ft+ and it’ll be a squeeze.

scotroutes

It’s not that light for its temperature rating either.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Your over estimating it.

A PhD minimus it is not. It’s a 100quid bag and it’s good in summer but unless I was super confident in it being above 5 degrees all night I would take a different bag if I wanted to be comfy.

And yes they hit weight by using minimal material.

What I like about it and why I use it is for a summer bag its light packs small fairly durable and doesn’t cost the earth like the lighter/smaller options- no point having great light kit if it’s to expensive to get dirty.

scotroutes

Amen to that. I’ve only recently given up keeping the “best” stuff in the cupboard, unused 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA Alpkit Down Sleeping Bag £99’ is closed to new replies.