• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA: Aeropress £21.99
  • eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Amazon have got these on offer at the minute. The best portable coffee maker for the price in my opinion. Love mine, just bought another as a pressie.
    Aeropress

ajantom

Ha, reminded me that I need to buy filters. Ta 😉

zilog6128

yup, saw this & ordered earlier. Didn’t post a PSA as I assumed everyone else on here had already got one 😂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Well now I have two, one for work and one for home. Thanks for the PSA

jjprestidge
    Free Member

The IMS precision metal filter gave the best taste when I tested filters for a coffee website s few years ago. Saves buying paper filters as well.

JP

easily
    Free Member

Aeropress makes decent coffee, and they are simple to use and a good price.

However, if you like espresso the nanopresso is better: https://www.wacaco.com/pages/nanopresso.
    With the correct coffee and a bit of practise this makes espresso as good as I’ve experienced outside Italy, even better than really expensive machines. I’m still amazed at what they managed to do here.
    It’s more expensive, and a little more fiddly to use and clean, but it’s tough so it’s better for travel.I really do recommend any espresso lovers give it a try.

seadog101

Excellent, might just get a new one as a spare.

I have one at home, and one at work on the ship. Even when we are reduced to survival rations and hard tack, and the only coffee we get is a bit below par, I can get a passable brew with my Aeropress. My favoured coffee is just plain old Lavazza Rossi though, an easy and reliable brew.

The only drawback I find though is that about every 18 months or so the rubber bung has started to wear at the edges as the inside of the cylinder starts to get scratched. Replacement bungs are not expensive though.

toby1

I just bought a Flair as Aero is nice, but I really like espresso and wanted to have it at home without a hard to get the best from machine. For reference I do not live close enough to a decent purveyor of coffee to mean this purchase wasn’t worthwhile, I also like coffee related toys 🙂

ElShalimo

@seadog – the cylinder on mine is very scratched. Are you supposed to change them if they’re like that?

Also my plunger is cracked due to dropping it on a hard floor. I’ve seen every part available online except that one.

iainc

I have just ordered one of these, and the metal filter. I am used to Nescafe Dolce Gusto pods at home, but fed up with the cost of them.

So, what do I need to know to make good coffee with this wee thing ? Ideally Americano and also short style, black coffee.

zilog6128

I just bought a Flair

which version? just looked up a review & it looks pretty nice. Might be ideal for me as at home I only drink espresso, plus I like the idea of it! However the pro version is £300 which is around the price of a decent electric machine when discounted on Amazon (which happens fairly often).

cdoc
    Free Member

Aeropress can make a stunning espresso with the right technique.  Took a good few goes to get the hang of it, though

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OMuDiq-Tvaw?start=124″

Not tried the Fellow Prissmo espresso attachment yet, but that looks interesting, too.

DrJ

Arses – now 26 quid 🙁

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Aeropress £21.99’ is closed to new replies.