Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • PSA Adidas Evil Eye glasses in TK Maxx
  • Joe

Central London stores seem to have lots of Adidas Evil Eye glasses in with the vario lenses in them.

Reduced to £29.99!

Absolute steal. Both Oxford Street and Covent Garden had them this evening.

itlab
    Free Member

Great PSA if you can find a pair,

Don’t appear as wide spread up north, none in the store at Trafford retail park

tdog
    Free Member

Op just cost me £80 on a £250 set of sunglasses!

Ya bassa! 😜

djflexure

Are these the half rim pro? Off to London tonight

loum
    Free Member

Are these the ones that come in “small” and “large” frame sizes?

How do you tell which size you need?

honourablegeorge

loum

Are these the ones that come in “small” and “large” frame sizes?

How do you tell which size you need?

Years ago, we used to go into the shop and try them on

milko9000
    Free Member

Oxford street had one pair of the full rim and one half rim pro 30 minutes ago.

Now it might only have the half rim, because I bought the former. But it’s chaos in there, they were bringing pairs of sunglasses out at random, you might find more at a different time. I’m not sure how I’d tell if they’re L or S because the arms have both letters on ’em (and not just the Left arm)

djflexure

Seem to remember the actual size has a circle around it
    Might try Covent Garden rather than Oxford At

kimbers

2 pairs of halfrim & 2 1 fullriml left in the covent garden shop (on the rack on the wall at the end nearest the counter to save you 10 mins hunting through timberlands)

cheers for the PSA OP, Ive been needing some new ones for a while, was looking at the decathlon xc race ones, but these seem stronger & generally nicer

(size is printed on the inside of the arm & L is perfect for my oversized head, so im extra pleased)

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I went to the Covent Garden shop yesterday afternoon it was the full rim one, dithered and then walked away with a pair of shoes as I already have the Julbo renegades.

The full rim one was S

djflexure

Lots of the lenses were scratched quite badly
    Got half rim to replace those I lost on jennride last weekend and some full for my wife – this was in Covent Garden last night

kimbers

I went to the Covent Garden shop yesterday afternoon it was the full rim one,

they had full & 1/2 rim one both in L & S when I went this morning so they must be restocking

& I found an unscratched pair, but some were bad

replacement lenses are 35 quid online

RichBowman

There’s 4-5 pairs in the High Street Kensington branch – full and half frames (a couple of each), all had ‘s’ on the arms. One pair of the full frames had no lenses in!

Rich

nealglover
    Free Member

One pair of Halfrim Pro L with clear lenses in the Leeds Headrow TKMaxx if anyone wants them 👍

Rubber_Buccaneer

There were a pair of half rim with vario lenses in the Worthing store…but now I’m swanning around town looking a bit ‘special’ in them. Actual bargain, thanks OP

kimbers

Very pleased with mine

2.5 he hot & humid night ride and they didn’t mist up unless I stopped, foam thingy work very well to keep sweat our of eyes.
    Fit my face very well, no movement at all
    Field of vision is excellent with hardly any distortion

Would never pay the RRP (is that real?!) or even the £100 quid you can get them for online, but for £30 they’re ace,
    Bet I lose them now!

davosaurusrex

RB – was that the only pair in the Worthing shop?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Only pair I could see and I scoured the racks opposite the tills

rascal
    Free Member

Clear lens Evil Eye in Loughborough £40 plus Oakley Flak Jacket Golf Prism £70. Either really shades though so didn’t bother.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

A few pairs in Newcastle today half rim pro size s 29.99 for some reason the l where 39.99 but still a bargain I picked up some evil eye. Pro with vario lenses size l for 29.99 down from 249.99 they had size small and large left ,I even managed to get a cleaning cloth and a hard case from behind the counter.

tdog
    Free Member

Bargaintatious

gnusmas

None in Carmarthen 😔
    Popped in today to have a look seeing as I was in town anyway.

davosaurusrex

Just got the last pair of half rim pro L with with vario lenses for £40 in Chichester. Not as enduro as the full but I want them for road riding as well so suits me, I like the open view as well.
    No cases left, other then the soft bag and hard case does anything else come with them? Might try in Worthing later on the off chance they have one left over

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Do the vario lenses work well? Mine are pretty much clear at the moment, didn’t seem to get noticeably darker outside earlier..

Size L Evil Eye Pro in Clydebank today. Few pairs of half rim left.

Bought two different pairs (the other are size small with red/pink with standard lenses) so will work out what fits best and go from there!

AlasdairMc

I got a pair of the Vario ones in Hermiston Gait today. There’s an LST set remaining there.

davosaurusrex

Look at yourself in a mirror or shop window out in the sunshine. They do get a lot darker but they do it so well it can be hard to notice, which is what you want going in and out of shade I reckon. Agreed not the darkest tint but again I don’t see that as a disadvantage for riding.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Do the vario lenses work well?

They do for me. So far one light to night ride with Brighton MTB and one sunny Peaslake ride.  They haven’t steamed up unless I’ve stopped and have been great in all conditions from bright sun to tree cover to darkness.  BUT I never use heavily tinted lenses in the UK as I can’t see as soon as I’m out of bright sun, you may be different

davosaurusrex

Tried mine today, generally very good, lovely field and vision and fit. However the sweat pad doesn’t work for me, quite often when landing jumps I’d get droplets of sweat landing on the inside of the lenses. I will qualify this by saying my nose is pretty lumpy from being broken and the pad only touches my brow in the middle, the reviews seem to think if works so might just be me. Didn’t have this problem with Bolle Baller prescription glasses which don’t have a pad although thicker frames. Still like them a lot but would I pay £250 for them? Would I balls!

maccruiskeen

As of noon today theres a pair of large half frames in black with the vario lenses in East Kilbride (and another pair in the boot of my car)

grahamt1980

Where in tkmaxx are they? On the sunglasses stand? If so sadly none left in my area

RustySpanner

None round ‘ere (East Lancashire).

Would have made nice Christmas pressies for the sons in law.

I did find a nice pair of Camper shoes, just the style I was looking for, perfect fit. £110 off!
    In gold. 😶
    Bah.

maccruiskeen

Pair of half frames at Glasgow fort too. £10 cheaper than I just paid in Kilbride too. Cock it!

maccruiskeen

Oh – full frames too -!both black with vario lenses

richardkennerley

I was amazed to see a pair in the Blackpool store today. Half frame with clear lenses, but to be honest they look and feel really cheap. I didn’t want to pay £30 for them let alone £100+, that sems outrageous!!

easily
    Free Member

I saw some Raylors today for 25 quid, down from 200 (!) apparently. They’re golf glasses, so I didn’t get them, but now I’m thinking they were cheap and comfortable so why not?
    Has anybody tried them for cycling

nixie

Not quite such a good deal but there as some Oakley Flak Drafts on their website; https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/edits/mens-holiday-shop/sunglasses/black-sports-sunglasses/p/13017779

Picture shows prizm lenses though I think they might be the dark golf shade.

hainman
    Free Member

Picked up a pair of the clear full frame ones for £30 with the vario lenses but didn’t realise they came in two sizes
    Also picked up full frame orange lenses for £40 for a mate

MoreCashThanDash

Found some in central Nottingham branch this morning

colournoise

Nothing in Peterborough today… Just wanted to pick up a pair for spares/lenses.

davosaurusrex

Used mine on the roadie tonight from 7pm to sunset and they were deluxe. Will find it hard to go back to the heavy framed prescription sports glasses so now I need to order some more contact lenses. Never really works out cheap, does it…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘PSA Adidas Evil Eye glasses in TK Maxx’ is closed to new replies.