Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 185 total)
  • PSA 20% off everything @ Ubyk
  • breninbeener

Anyone had a shipping notification or money taken yet?

antares
    Free Member

Payment shows as pending on my credit card account and status says paid on Ubyk

campfreddie
    Free Member

I ordered some Praxis cranks from them last week which were showing as in stock. I then received an email earlier this week to say that they apologise for the delay in shipping the order as they are busy working through a backlog of orders.

I called them yesterday and they told me that they would be sending them out at the end of the week.

We shall see…… Bloody annoying though as the completion of my new build is now down to the arrival of the cranks, as i have everything else… should have just bought the XT ones.

ogden
    Free Member

I ordered this morning and sent a quick email to see how long it would take, this is their response:

Thank you for the e-mail, and of course for your order.
    This should leave us on Monday, to hopefully then be with you on Tuesday.
    As soon as it does we will then send you an e-mail to let you know that it is on its way to you.

Was showing in stock but that makes me think they are ordering stuff in first.

campfreddie
    Free Member

that is not uncommon and is how much internet retailer work (how often have you bought something from an online retailer to find that it is sent to you directly from the distributor), but it all depends on whether the distributor is happy to maintain the credit agreement with the retailer.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Only took me 3 weeks to receive a dropper that was “in stock”. After the first guy promised to ship it after I chased, only to forget…

I’d not bother using them again.

big_scot_nanny

I used them twice this year, no problems at all. arrived super fast.

Had no idea about the discount, just got a 170mm brand x dropper for £80 shipped to CH. Bloody cheap, fingers crossed!

Kryton57

I did write about this but my post got removed. Hmmm

I ordered a bike – after several weeks delay there was an admission that what was on the website was not reality.  Now, they did try very hard to find me the same manufacturer in a different colour and different spec whilst honouring the STW discount, but after 8 weeks of faffing about I gave up and bought a bile elsewhere.

dirkpitt74

Just ordered a Wolftooth iSpec remote – will see how it pans out.

I have used them before and the item was actually out of stock – they emailed and refunded within about 15 minutes.

dumbbot
    Free Member

They are very quick to take your money for stuff they don’t have, not so quick to give it back.

I don’t trust them and won’t use them again, not worth the hastle.

Merak

Thank you for your order. Your card was authenticated successfully but NO money has been debited from your account.Your card will ONLY be debited when your order is fulfilled.

andyl
    Free Member

Was hovering over ordering some stuff yesterday and just took a punt. No store is perfect given how stock is often held with distributors these days but I rarely have a bad experience from a UK bike shop.

One thing that is annoying is I am sure they had the one up dropper in 31.6 yesterday but now only the 30.9. I was tempted to get the 30.9 anyway and just shim it but now no option.

wwaswas

I was looking at one-up droppers there a day or two back – they never showed 31.6 to me.

pobaker
    Free Member

Use code WORKLESS on the oneup direct website to get 20% off everything. I was also after one and ordered from there yesterday.

pobaker
    Free Member

That should be WORKLESS20

andyl
    Free Member

ahh bugger. Well it’s ordered now. One up have the shims in stock too…although I suspect one could easily make one  out of some random plastic? I only need to stop about 5mm of travel.

edd

I’ve just ordered a RockShox Charger 2 RC2 damper upgrade for a bargain £187.99 (RRP £309). It’s shown as out of stock – will be interesting to see if/ when it turns up.

campfreddie
    Free Member

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THESE GUYS

So after three phone calls to UBYK, during which i was told that they had them and they would be out with my by the end of the week, I have finally been told that the cranks I ordered over a week ago are on back-order and they don’t have them.

This is frustrating, but not unusual, BUT, when I made the order, I received a Sagepay confirmation stating:-

“Thank you for your order. Your card was authenticated successfully but <b>NO money has been debited from your account.</b> Your card will<b> ONLY</b>be debited when your order is fulfilled.”

However, they did debit my money in full and have been sitting on it for the whole week.

Having read some of their reviews. it seems that this has happened to other people and it can take over a month to get your money back. I told them in no uncertain terms that if I didn’t get my money back by the end of the day, I would be reporting them to the police for theft. They called back within 5 minutes to say that they had refunded me in full (which they have).

I’m sure they are just trying to stay in business and offer a service, but I DO NOT appreciate being lied to. I also have no doubt that if they actually had the cranks in stock, I would have them by now, but this has not been the case.

I now need to come up with a plan B for some cranks as i already have the unique bottom bracket and fitting tool.

singlespeedstu

Good luck actually receiving it.

Ordered Tuesday delivered today.

Bought from them a few times before and never had a problem.

They did email me once to tell me an item wasn’t in stock.

They then refunded about an hour after I asked them to.

oldtalent
    Free Member

20% off a 2019 santacruz bronson? Almost sounds like a scam.

honourablegeorge

@campfreddie – did you pay with Paypal? Paypl always comes outo your account immediately, if you use a credit card they don’t take it

nach
    Free Member

Ordered brake pads Wednesday, arrived today.

antares
    Free Member

if you use a credit card they don’t take it

They do

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

“20% off a 2019 santacruz bronson? Almost sounds like a scam.”

i picked all the nice addons and its still £7.5k :0)

@campfreddie
    , never use a debit card online always credit card.. easier to sort out a credit card issue than get money back that has been taken out of your account, plus you have the £100 spend protection

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you’re spending over £100, who offers the best protection? PayPal or credit card?

tdog
    Free Member

May I just ask when does the BLACKFRIDAY18 code cease working as yes at first it would appear as it’s Friday then by tonight my guess.

I just need to know as they show stock of a rare item that I need to complete my build.

I would prefer to talk to someone tomorrow and pay over the telephone but unsure if the 20% will still be valid???

u02sgb
    Free Member

There’s a countdown on their front page that says 2 days 11 hours to go so I think you should be ok.

shooterman

I may be neurotic but I wouldn’t mind keeping this thread hovering about. Ordered last Wednesday and not shipped yet.

I would like to know if other folks get their stuff.

granny_ring

I put in two orders, realised I’d cocked up with the 2nd one. Phoned them today to cancel that one. Paypal refunded but it won’t clear until Dec 3rd for some reason.

I’m keeping an eye out for updates on the first order……

breninbeener

i emailed them and was tild because they were busy my Hope e4s would be dispatched on thurs….

buenfoxa
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a Bronson V3 on Saturday- told today they were ordering it in from Jungle. Delivery due mid December.

antares
    Free Member

Ordered last Wednesday myself @shooterman just got a dispatch email

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

Ordered bars and a stem Thursday evening and also just had the dispatch email.

Kryton57

So, sell it first and worry about delivering it later seems to be the modus operandum then…

ogden
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight delay in shipping your order, but we have received an unprecedented number of orders over the last week.
    We are working through the orders as quickly as possible and as soon as your order is dispatched we will send you an e-mail to let you know that it is on its way to you.
    Apologies once more for the delay, and thank you so much for your patience.

disben

Same email for me!

deanfbm
    Free Member

Same notification.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Ordered a rear Hope pro 4 hub, then after reading this thread rang them this morning. Guy said it’s on order from Hope with a lead time of around 7 days. So will wait and see.

granny_ring

So if I understand right from their terms and conditions…..if you change you mind after 7 days and cancel the order they will charge 10% restocking fee?

If that’s correct are they strict on it?

Merak

Mmmnnnnn. I’ve had the same and tbf I smell shite.

Was informed delivery would be this week, now pushed to next think I’ll cancel as I fear I’m never seeing this order…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘PSA 20% off everything @ Ubyk’ is closed to new replies.