Viewing 25 posts - 161 through 185 (of 185 total)
  • PSA 20% off everything @ Ubyk
  • tall_martin

Waiting on hope e4….

Just had a polite email saying hope are backed up, and my brakes will be sent when they get them.

Guess I should have ordered immediately instead of waiting a few days after the psa!

Ah well.

rickon
    Free Member

Frustrating as still marked as in stock on their website and they seem unconcerned by this misleading statement.

I do wonder the legality of this, as it’s purposely misleading customers so that they make a purchase with them, instead of another shop who might state ”available with our supplier, 2-4 days”. That feels like an unfair advantage, and also unfair on the customer.

Note: I see it as purposely, as the site states ‘In Stock’ in a different font colour, which appears to be a variable state. If nothing was stated at all, it wouldn’t be misleading – just confusing.

I’m surprised it’s been allowed to go on for so long. They may well be a really nice bunch of people, but so are other bikes shops who are being open and transparent who lose a sale to Ubyk.

Imagine if Wiggle or CRC did this, the uproar on here would be immense.

Not how I’d run a business.

cokie

Have you seen the TrustPilot reviews? Says it all really..

My brakes that were marked as ‘In Stock’ are still at Hope. Unsurprisingly they have a huge backlog at Hope due to various Black Friday deals. I wouldn’t mind if they where communicating any updates with me, but I’ve been the one that’s had to chase. Originally they said dispatch would be last week, then this week, and now next week. Only found out about the changes because I chased.

simondbarnes

Unsurprisingly they have a huge backlog at Hope due to various Black Friday deals.

Oh. I ordered stuff from Hope last week and it arrived next day. They do take payment up front from shops (I don’t think they offer credit accounts) so could be down to that.

cokie

Hmm, I might give Hope a call then.
    Ubyk took my money straight away.

gil_

In total fairness to this post, I received an apologetic email yesterday for the delay in getting my Hope hub out to me, today I received a tracking number, in theory my order should be with me early next week ~ I’ll update when it arrives

stevedoc
    Free Member

Order cancelled. not impressed but communication levels and lack of concern shown at exaggerated wait times.. Sounds like they are not sure when some Hope products will be back in stock…

tomhoward

Sounds like Ubyk are pretty low on Hopes priority list. Wonder why?

lesshaste

Still not received my headset, although I’ve just noticed that they’ve lifted the money from my account, despite saying they wouldn’t take it till they had fulfilled the order. Not very honest on their part.

zinger
    Free Member

jeez you lot are a bunch of drama queens, the hope headset i ordered on black Friday arrived from ubyk yesterday

Its bike parts you’ve bought at a nice discount, its not as if your waiting for a new kidney from them…..

chestrockwell

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hope were a bit pissed with them offering such a discount going by the Halfords incident a few years back.

benpinnick

It sounds like they (Ubyk) have gone under. The 20% off might have been the last roll of the dice. Ive never waited more than a week or so for Hope bits, and black Friday came and went pretty well uninterrupted supply wise this year (we order daily from them) so any issues with the supply of Hope is not Hope’s fault I think.

singlespeedstu

jeez you lot are a bunch of drama queens

I take it from that that you’ll be sending money out to people that are not going to get their stuff?

Its bike parts you’ve bought at a nice discount

Its money people have paid out and might not get back…

Poopscoop

I have to agree, if there was the potential to be down a fair amount of money I would not be happy either.

Fingers crossed people either get their parts or a refund.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

As far as I know Hope do NOT do “credit” terms for anyone that buys from them, inc the big shops/chains.
    Case point, Evans going bust, they owe a lot of money to Spez, Cannondale, trek, Scott and prob a load of other suppliers, so Hope (98% sure) has pay when you order, Hope are not out of pocket so not effect like the others.

If UBYK are having a sell to get money in and not got the stock, not Hope fault is it?

singlespeedstu

I don’t think anyone is saying it is Hopes fault.

hooja
    Free Member

Anyone heard anymore about the state of the company? Seems very strange to shut down website, not answer phones and switch ans phone message to a generic one.
    They currently have £165 of my hard earned, guess I had better open a PayPal dispute and keep my fingers crossed

tomhoward

The business was for sale a few months ago…

mocha
    Free Member

@hooja – yes, open a Paypal dispute. I was told earlier that both shops had been cleared out.

hooja
    Free Member

Will do, cheers…. got to find somewhere else that sells sram force long cage mechs for a reasonable price now!(assuming I ever see my money back)

nonk
    Free Member

Fairly appalling really
    I received an email yesterday reassuring me that my order was in hand

hooja
    Free Member

Likewise, I spoke to them on weds and they assured me it would be delivered by Friday.
    They seem like good guys, so I’m going to optimistically assume they are sat behind those closed shutters, merrily packing up all the last orders and refunding those incomplete orders, like a bunch of happy elves.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Has anyone seen first hand that they are no more?

Not only do they (via PayPal) hold just shy if £300 of my hard earned, but I’m unlikely to get that back in time to buy the wife’s Christmas present elsewhere.

mocha
    Free Member

my ‘shops cleared out’ is from a very reliable industry rep source.

andyrm
    Free Member

Get those card & PayPal claims in guys. As you may have seen on the other Ubyk thread, I received a PM from a new stw user. For complete transparency, I have no connection to Ubyk, or whoever it is that has sent me this message. But here it is verbatim:

“Hi,
    I have just seen your Ubyk post on the Single Track Forum. I’m unable to reply to the thread on the forum (maybe because I’m a new user).
    I’m happy for you to put the following info on the forum to give folks a picture of what is happening but please keep the source as anonymous.
    Ubyk Limited has gone in to liquidation following difficulties with trading. Anyone with a credit card transaction should seek a refund through their card provider ASAP. Peak Bikes Limited has taken over Ubyk and will keep Ubyk as a trading name and will try and give as much help as possible to customers.
    Once the website is back up and running, customers can place orders again and these will be processed through Peak Bikes Limited. We will do our very best to get these orders processed ASAP but please bear with us whilst we put the wheels in to motion.
    Peak Bikes Limited t/a Ubyk will have a rough few weeks / months ahead but they will work very hard to regain the trust of those customers who have been affected by the trading of Ubyk Limited.
    Peak Bikes Limited is a separate company to Ubyk Limited. There is no common directorship or connection between Ubyk Limited. Peak Bikes has taken on the brand to move it forward. Dare I say it, there’s a lot coming out the wood work that was not known before the take over and we are trying to deal with it as best as possible.
    We want to help and we will do what we can.
    sales@peakbikes.co.uk is Peak Bikes email
    Both Brighton and Oxford shops are having a fresh lick of paint and will be open again ASAP”

I’ll leave it up to you to draw your own conclusions, but sounds to me like the old directors have royally tucked up customers, suppliers and the new owner, as well as investors.

Viewing 25 posts - 161 through 185 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘PSA 20% off everything @ Ubyk’ is closed to new replies.