Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • PSA – 170-200mm adjustable dropper for £55
  • bri-72

Anyone able to confirm weight of the dropper? Just dropper no lever or cables. Never sure what the quoted weight does or doesn’t include, a real life weight be handy.

breninbeener

I can weigh mine when i get home if that helps

Ian

bri-72

If you could much appreciated.

breninbeener

It weighs 692g

Thats bare post

Ian

bri-72

Cheers for that

breninbeener

Now ive written it down it seems a lot!

bri-72

I had a 150 generic dropper and weighed it post only as 581g. So
    An extra 100g for longer length seems fair enough. No idea how those figures compare to others but £50 dropper can’t complain.

ogden
    Free Member

How are people getting on with these? See they are £65 still.

spawnofyorkshire

@ogden
    I only got around to fitting and riding with mine yesterday. All good so far

bri-72

Got on 2 bikes now and 5 or 6 rides in all is good.

ajantom

Ridden about 7 or 8 times on mine so far, including 3 rides this weekend at Afan (which was VERY wet and gritty) still working perfectly.

ogden
    Free Member

Anyone had a discount code emailed to them before I order?

nickfrog
    Free Member

Try this LX-JLDPL2

A few weeks old so not sure will still work

nickfrog
    Free Member

How are people getting on with these?

Mine works great which is not a massive shock as it is a Brand X, which have been around for a while.

smogmonster

Is that what these are, Brand X? Which model? Ascend?

ogden
    Free Member

Try this LX-JLDPL2

A few weeks old so not sure will still work

No joy, but thanks anyway.

ajantom

Is that what these are, Brand X? Which model? Ascend?

Not exactly, but Trans-X make them for a few brands, so the internals and mechanism are identical.
    It’s like an Ascend, but with added travel adjustment.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Yes that’s what I meant. Tried and tested for many years in large volumes under another brand. But of course the adjustment may add parts and fragility. But I don’t really see it as a big risk once it’s locked on a particular travel.

smogmonster

Got mine this morning. It certainly looks and feels well put together. Nice smooth up and down of the post. Not rattle jangly noises. I’m intrigued to get it into use and see how it does. For £65 an absolute no brainer really!

ogden
    Free Member

It is back down to £60 now and code loyal5 gets it down to £57. Shame I paid £65 a week ago.

jbn84
    Free Member

I’ve recently got one of these and it’s very hard to actuate with the dropper lever.

Took it out to have a look and it seems like the cable is moving freely but the rod that the actuator at the bottom of the post pushes is taking a fair bit of force to move. You can really feel the difference between it and the orbea own brand post it replaced.

Anyone else experienced this? Any simple work arounds?

Thanks

ajantom

Mine is still nice and smooth and easy to actuate. Was it like this from new? If so maybe try and swap it?

jbn84
    Free Member

Yep, like this straight out the box. Doesn’t seem like this is a common issue so probably going to return.

ogden
    Free Member

I’ve got two of them and had no issues.

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Mine is smooth but slow, it sat on my work bench for 2 or 3 months whilst I ordered a shim – is it normal for them to be slow? It’s compared to a Selcof off an On-One which was equally smooth but a little faster to full extension.

ajantom

Same speed as the Brand X on another bike, but definitely slower than the Race Face one it replaced (but that was almost dangerously fast!)

nickfrog
    Free Member

Mine operates perfectly and unsurprisingly it operates like a Brand X, which it is.

Would slightly loosening the seat post clamp help?

ogden
    Free Member

Both of mine are on the slower side compare to my one up dropper but not so slow it’s a problem. I mean for £55 you can’t complain, if id spent 3 or 4x as much of maybe not be as happy.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.