Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Proving recovery from Covid- France skiing
  • TomB

Hi folks- I wonder if anyone can help? We are taking our 12 and 14 year old skiing in France in a few weeks, and in resort there is a requirement to prove vaccination or recovery from Covid. They both had Covid in January but aren’t fully vaccinated. On the NHS log in it shows their test results, but won’t create a covid pass as no vaccinated.

Does anyone know what I need to do to obtain suitable ‘proof of recovery’ for France? This is for the in resort ‘pass sanitaire’, not border entry requirements.

Thanks a lot!

stwhannah

I had to pay my GP for a letter to say I’d recovered when I went to the USA at Christmas.

djglover
    Free Member

I got the NHS app for the kids (twins,13) and it shows in there.

TomB

Thanks- dj I can see their test results in the app- do you know if that is sufficient for the French requirements. It doesn’t generate a qr code or anything scannable.

flatpack

France are scrapping (largely) their vaccine passports from 14th March, so I don’t think you’ll need it – https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/france-covid-rules-restrictions-ease-vaccine-passport-scrapped-14-march-1496974

TomB

Flatpack- thanks a lot, that’ll make things more straightforward!

savoyad

@TomB – that news should indeed make things easier for you. And the report in the i seems to be correct. But keep an eye on things. They change fast sometimes. (There’s a long thread at snowheads on this very issue.)

If any requirements do stay in place / return you won’t be able to get – as you are finding – a recovery certificate. This is because the UK doesn’t generate barcodes for that and France requires a barcode (i.e. a letter isn’t enough). This made even the “pass sanitaire” very demanding for UK teens.

Under that “old regime” it was possible to use the UK positive test result email (which you have) PLUS a *single* vaccine dose to get a pass sanitaire. But that required a sympathetic pharmacist familiar with the problem and willing to be relaxed about proof of the positive. Not all resorts had/have one. Under the pass sanitaire, for a UK teen (starting at 12 yrs 2 months):
    1 – two jabs was fine
    2 – one jab + a positive could be made to work
    3 – one jab, never had covid was no good
    4 – no jabs was no good.
    5 – recovery alone, no jab, although technically acceptable was impossible to prove so no good

“no good”, or not managing to make it work, meant regular tests (~25 euros each, a big queue, some bureaucracy, once upon a time every 72hrs but more recently tightened to every 24hrs).

Basically it looks like you should be fine. But if anything changes your way out won’t be a recovery barcode (we can’t get them). It’ll be getting as high up that list of possibilities as you can. I can’t tell if you are sitting at no 2 or no 5. If number 5, you are relying on the rule change (which I think will work). If you at 2 and can’t get up to 1 in time, the answer won’t be a recovery code. It will be getting on social media for the resort you are heading to (or on the way) and identifying a pharmacist who will help (or tests).

Stainypants

We had to do this a few weeks ago for 13 year old who went to play football for school rather than get his first vaccine. So he had 1 vaccine and proof of recovery. If you scan the qr code from the NHS app for the recovery into Tous Covid it’s gives a valid pass. Hopefully you won’t need it

chevychase

Get em jabbed. At least you’ll have the first in the bag.

pdw
    Free Member

Not sure where you’re heading, but I’m just back from the 3 Valleys, and I was spot-checked once getting on a lift in the whole week. My NHS barcode worked fine, but there were plenty of others in the queue without a pass with them who received a brief bollocking before being allowed on the lift anyway. The spot-checkers were stood directly in front of the “masque obligatoire” sign, and happily ignoring the fact that absolutely nobody other than them was wearing a mask.

Even without the ending of most French restrictions on the 14th, I suspect that carrying a print out of NHS test results would introduce enough confusion into already lacklustre enforcement efforts to muddle your way through.

jam-bo

if you had it two months ago, surely you are recovered or dead….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Proving recovery from Covid- France skiing’ is closed to new replies.