Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Protein Shakes… What do you like?
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

I also use the Pea Protein and the Carni-Pro that My Protein do.
    Gives my stomach a break from the lactose.
    Both have a slightly different “taste” than the typical whey protein unflavoured but easily covered using ther own flavour shots and fruit/juice/PB/etc.
    Make sure you get a bag of their Hot Chocolate though!
    Seems expensive BUT it works out cheaper than Cadburys and 25g of protein in a lush, thick almost aero mouse drink.

alexxx
    Free Member

Whats the reason you guys are all smashing protein shakes for? are you all training for something?

legend
    Free Member

It was free

sadexpunk

Whats the reason you guys are all smashing protein shakes for? are you all training for something?

i dont get enough protein from food, thats my reason. bit of a sissy meat-eater, nothing on the bone or with fat on for me please, cant do it so no big t-bones etc.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Seems expensive BUT it works out cheaper than Cadburys and 25g of protein in a lush, thick almost aero mouse drink.

About 50% more than Cadburys after a typical myprotein 30% discount

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254890627 62p per 100g.

The ingredients (if MyProtein list everything) look a lot better though. Look at the shit they put in Cadburys –

Sugar, Cocoa Powder 13%, Whey Powder (from Milk), Glucose Syrup, Skimmed Milk Powder, Coconut Fat, Milk Chocolate 4% [Whole Milk, Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Vegetable Fats (Palm and Shea in various proportions), Emulsifiers (E442, Sunflower Lecithin), Flavours], Palm Fat, Salt, Thickener (E466), Milk Proteins, Anti-Caking Agent (E551), Flavours, Emulsifier (E471), Stabiliser (E339), Sugar

MSP

I find a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder to be a quick, healthy convenient meal, usually for breakfast but also in the evening if I have been out for a ride.

alexxx
    Free Member

Thanks – never ever even seen a protein shake or heard of anyone having one out of my friend circles – esp not as a breakfast replacement – Interesting – I’ll do some reading!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I just love looking good in Wetherspoons on a lads night out

alexxx
    Free Member

JEESUS give hoy his legs back!

teasel
    Free Member

mix it thick to start with too, bout 1 and half scoops and then fill a shake bottle to just halfway with milk otherwise it can stay a bit runny.

Roger that, Red Leader. And thanks for the tip, sounds right up my street; strawberry and vanilla bean paste “cheesecake” congealing as I type…

sadexpunk

oh and it goes without saying……store it in the fridge for the day 🙂

BillOddie

I’m a fan of the theproteinworks.com I prefer them to myprotein.

Clong
    Free Member

I use bulkpowders unflavoured whey, mix it with nesquick if I want flavour but not always. Similar price to myprotein, although they seem to do 30% every couple of weeks.

Image above reminds me of bodybuilder Tom platz.

dudeofdoom

I used to do myprotein unflavoured whey, a frozen banana and
    some semi skimmed milk with a dollop of peanut butter chucked in blender.

Yummy in da tummy.

dudeofdoom

I’m a fan of the theproteinworks.com I prefer them to myprotein.

I’ve got a thing for their protein pancake mix, always whip them up for weekend brekky 🙂

isitafox
    Free Member

GoNutrition triple choc Ultimate Whey for the amino acids or any of their normal whey pro bags. Best protein I’ve ever tried, much nicer than Myprotein or Bulk Powders offerings and usually have better deals.

Toddboy
    Free Member

Optimum Health Ultimate Whey Protein from Discount Supplements.

Taste good and are very good value. I usually buy four 2.2kg bags of different flavours for variety and get a good discount for multi-buying.

They also have some good protein flapjacks for snacking.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Unflavoured Myprotein with a massively heaped teaspoon of powered chocolate and probably far too much honey works for me.

teasel
    Free Member

Ye gods!

Milk Protein Smooth cheesecake is a must if you like that kind of pud. Without the granola mine was more like a strawberry mousse but excellent nonetheless. Tomorrow I’ll try with granola and maybe something really sugary and shit for me. Or maybe a healthy berry of some sort, I dunno.

High protein lovelyness – thanks again Sadexpunk. Shakes were getting a little boring.

sadexpunk

High protein lovelyness – thanks again Sadexpunk.

tis a pleasure, pleased someone else likes my concoctions, not many do 🙂

teasel
    Free Member

‘s probably got something to do with breastfeeding or somesuch…

🙂

surfer
    Free Member

As a distance runner (a very old but vaguely competitve one) and something of a Luddite when it comes to supplements. Would this offer any benefit to me or aid recovery?
    I run about 6 days a week around 45 miles in total and bike occasionally

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Would this offer any benefit to me or aid recovery?

I can’t say I have ever noticed any improvements with after exercise whey protein, but casein protein at night before bed does seem to make a difference to my recovery and performance the next day. I have noticed a difference if I leave off the late night casein for a while.

But then there has been a suggested link between high levels of casein and cancer. I guess any unnaturally high levels of anything probably isn’t very good for you. So if you don’t need it then it’s probably not worth having any sort of supplement. imho

surfer
    Free Member

Cheers Ernie. Hard to know if it will offer any benefit but its interesting to be aware of the link to Cancer (what isn’t!) as Surfer junior plays rugby and drinks a lot of these shakes.

fifeandy
    Free Member

@surfer, depends on your diet, but most likely a protein supplement of some sort will improve your recovery.

Protein/carb blend directly after exercise.
    Slow release protein overnight
    Protein only shake with breakfast or mid morning.

Basically you want to drip feed your muscles with protein as close to 24/7 as possible. If you can get it from food then do so, but shakes can help cover the gap

ocrider

If you could get a liquid that contained three times more protein than buffalo milk, would you drink it?
    You’d need a bloody small stool to milk the herd…
    cockroach milk!

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Protein Shakes… What do you like?’ is closed to new replies.