Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • protein powder.
  • donkeydave

Hi I know loads will say milk or a balanced diet but I find for me that when taking a shake I recover faster and feel better.

So with that in mind I  we have been using sis rego in our house for quite a bit but was just wondering if another supplier would be better?

I only get the big rego tubs when on offer so works out around £20 for 1.6kg.

Thanks in advance

simonalex99

Sci mx and usn do whey protein protein products. Maybe look at my fitness pal to see how much protein you need per day, usually upto 1g/1.5g for every lb of weight. So leaner sources for protein – chicken, beef, pork, fish. Also eggs. Vegan sources – quinoa, hemp, linseed, beans and pulses. Depends what your looking for.

donkeydave

Thanks, I am using my fitness pal and its been a massive help but find it hard to eat enough healthy food to meet my protein goal, the sis rego has been great but was just wondering it might be cheaper and better elsewhere?.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My protein are generally a lot cheaper than the branded stuff.

Sounds more like you want a recovery drink than pure protein? Rego is 50:50 carbs:protein, the myprotein equivalent is 60:30, or they do a diet whey, or weight gain, or  whey with added creatine, bcaa etc. My preference is for the latter and just gorge on fruit for the carbs.

Kryton57

Firstly MyProtien whey or soy protein isolate is much cheaper.  Buy that.

TINAS whats the MyProtien Rego equivalent?

rmgvtec
    Free Member

My protein hurricane xs works well ive found.

As much as people say they get plenty of protein in already I find I recover much quicker if that protein goes in immediately as I finish training

footflaps

wondering if another supplier would be better

£/gram of protein you can’t beat MyProtein, they are the largest supplier in the UK. NB other vendors offer a marginally higher percentage protein product, but you still end up paying more per gram of protein.

sadexpunk

£/gram of protein you can’t beat MyProtein, they are the largest supplier in the UK. NB other vendors offer a marginally higher percentage protein product, but you still end up paying more per gram of protein.

this is what i usually do too, wait for a 33% offer or something and buy in bulk, can usually get 10kg (2x5kg bags) for between £60 and £70 far cheaper than competitors.

last few bags ive had tho, it doesnt seem to mix as well, i always end up with big lumps in my shaker (unflavoured powder with milk)

i thought id ask on their forum if others were having the same problem but they seemed to have discontinued the forum now, the cynic in me wondered if thats partly the reason why, bad reviews?

still got a couple of bags to work through, then i think ill try one of the other cheaper brands, bulkpowders or theproteinworks, see if i get the same problem.

piesoup
    Free Member

My protein impact whey, salted caramel. Delicious

RDL-82
    Free Member

I think by the time you factor in the near constant DFS style always discounted/sale nature of all of the usual suspects the prices are generally damn as near it identical.

Have used. MyP, GoNutrition (set up by the guy who started MyP iirc) and The Protein Works. Currently using TPW as I like the flavour. I use nothing fancy though. Straight up Whey Concentrate, Creatine and Beta Alanine. And they work out about the cheapest give or take pennies.

If you don’t mind paying a bit more Awesome Supplements look good. Very small range. Lots of interesting articles on their site too. Tempted to try myself but pretty well settled with what I have.

Examine.com is good if you want to do any reading up on differences in product types etc

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve been using the MyProtein diet whey in vanilla flavour, seems to work well, I was getting a lot of cumulative tiredness by the end of the week riding to work. It’s definitely helping, probably coupled with some diet improvement and also use of a supergreens supplement too. You can get a 3kg bag for £36 so makes it gram for gram one of the cheapest I think:

MyProtein vanilla diet whey

I also make up overnight oats type things with it and some berries towards the back end of the week. Again, seems to help, but it’s worth experimenting to see what works best for you 👍

footflaps

last few bags ive had tho, it doesnt seem to mix as well, i always end up with big lumps in my shaker (unflavoured powder with milk)

Not noticed anything, but I use a blender rather than a shaker thing.

My only gripe is they don’t give you an option to refuse their free gifts, so I end up binning shakers I never wanted in the first place.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘protein powder.’ is closed to new replies.