Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Prosecuted for helping Syrian refuges
  • technicallyinept
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/20/prosecuted-helping-syrian-refugees-denmark-people-smuggling

I read this article this morning, and found it both inspiring and soul-crushing.

From the closing words of the article
    “The Danish state church is Protestant, and we call ourselves Christians. We tell our children the story about the good Samaritan who did not turn his back. We demand that immigrants in our country learn, and adopt, our Danish values. So how are they expected to understand that in Denmark we punish people for compassion?”

DrJ

Yeah – so much for “hygge” 🙁

nowthen
    Free Member

Ancient fiction book not a good guide to modern immigration laws shocker

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Really? The one thing you take from that is a opportunity to have a dig at Christianity (I’m not religious by the way).

mrhoppy

Really? The one thing you take from that is a opportunity to have a dig at Christianity (I’m not religious by the way).

Pretty much word for word what I was about to say.

It’s an absolute outrage what happened to her and her husband.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I thought I was going to read about how a well-meaning couple naively helped some illegal immigrants cross a border…

…but they didn’t. They gave them a lift from one place in Denmark to another.

Strewth. That’s harsh.

nowthen
    Free Member

I think that using not only the Bible but also the Koran, Talmud, Book of Mormon etc as your guide to modern laws of your country will also lead to problems. No discrimination here.

chewkw
    Free Member

Why not go to their own neighbouring countries in the middle east?

Rather similar culture is it not? Plenty of space as well.

squirrelking
    Free Member

New here are you? If there’s one thing it’s complete open season on at any time of year it’s sky-fairies and their accompanying story books. That’s not insulting to the person, just the religion, which is okay and doesn’t make anyone look like an ignorant twunt.

oldtalent
    Free Member

If you can also post a daily mail link so I can get that side of the story as well please before making my mind up whether to be outraged as people assisting potential terrorists.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

They do.

And this is what awaits them.

How about a little compassion?

chewkw
    Free Member

oldtalent – Member

If you can also post a daily mail link so I can get that side of the story as well please before making my mind up whether to be outraged as people assisting potential terrorists.

Now check this out about integration.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCsEqKjP9p0[/video]

Published on Mar 26, 2016

Tv program 60 Min addressing Swendens now catastrophic Immigrant crisis …. SDR wishes to show you a ONLY a small part of the film 60 minutes report. What the film team experiences is horrible but mild compared to what normal so called white Swedes will have to face in many places in Sweden. And now also in Finland City Center the railway Station… Believe it or not but there are at the time officially 53 no go areas in Sweden, which is about to reach the braking point! The Swedish leaders in most cases refuse to see this and Finland is sadly following the same path with a national security and police that uses the so called politically correct as a measure. As a result the statistics are all wrong and so are the so called measures by creating more and more work groups to handle that was the old groups failed to mention and address and that is the fact that we are living alongside a religious war that only the attacker admit is a war.

A few words to the political correct idiots who face to see that Islam is not a race ! Sop pease face it …It cant be racism as Islam is not a race!

SDR has many Arab and Iranian co workers who are not Muslims and very loving indeed and god forbid would we hate any Arab or Pakistani etc just because of his race or homeland etc..That would be racism. We do however wish to inform people of the danger of Neo Nazism and Islam as two groups wishing the destruction of Jews and Israel and ever since the Saudi money has been spreading radical Islam from Mogadishu to Pakistan its more and more alls become a agenda against the west! How many attack does take for the west to wake up ? See for your self what happens to the film team here visiting Sweden …if you don’t believe it go to the so called no go zones your self without any Islamic dress and take pictures just like you would somewhere else as a tourist and you will see reality from a hospital perspective.

We must warn you that just like you will see here the police cant enter the areas as the use the absolutely ridiculous excuse ever claiming its a provocation! Fact is they don’t dare to walk around there for any longer period ! The film does not mention a very known fact that ambulance has been stopped from helping a victim just because the police and ambulance have no authority but the local Muslims do! Sweden better start admitting the facts or other meed will show it as it is and then any politically so called correct will be exposed for what it is namely a few words to hide the truth behind. We certainly have nothing against Muslims praying and believing their religion. But the second it affects our lives and safety their responsibility is questioned. Same would be for Christians Buddhists or Jews or Hindus…. Equal rights is all we ask for But Muslims oppress women rights according to common European thinking their Honour killings as well and so does their Sharia law. No of these matters belong into a civilised society.

hebdencyclist – Member

They do. [/quote]

Take more. Not enough.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Bible tells us to respect the laws of the country in which we live
    There is no section on immigration legislation 😉

technicallyinept
    Free Member

“The judgment challenged universal human values, the simple drive to help people in distress. Most of us, regardless of religion, are brought up with a set of values that underlines the importance of doing just this”

Apparently not, going by some of the replies here.

AlexSimon

You’d like to think that chewkw would come back and say something like
    “thank you for taking the time to post that, I had no idea” or
    “thank you for enlightening me” or
    “wow – I’ve been so mislead by the press”.

chewkw
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    You’d like to think that chewkw would come back and say something like “thank you for taking the time to post that, I had no idea” or
    “thank you for enlightening me” or
    “wow – I’ve been so mislead by the press”.

I am sorry but the is a piece by Guardian that I disagree with.
    We all know how bias Guardian news is don’t we?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Rather similar culture is it not?

It’s not.

And even if the neighbouring country did share your religion, culture, values, etc. It’s likely either:
    a) at war with you, out of the frying pan into the fire.
    b) at war against you and liable to arrest/shoot/disappear you.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The judgment challenged universal human values, the simple drive to help people in distress

You can help someone in distress by donating to a charity, by volunteering for a charity including working abroad. You can help people in distress by campaigning for a change in Government policy.

chewkw
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Rather similar culture is it not?

It’s not.

And even if the neighbouring country did share your religion, culture, values, etc. It’s likely either:
    a) at war with you, out of the frying pan into the fire.
    b) at war against you and liable to arrest/shoot/disappear you. [/quote]

They do understand each other and culture is also very similar based on their religion.

I work with Libyan, Syrian, Arabs, Pakistani, Afghan, Egyptians also some from Omar and Qatar as well … apart from those from the Asia most understand each other rather well and speak rather similar language. I asked them and that’s what they told me. Rather similar with slight regional variation.

The Turks, Afghans and Pakistani may or may not understand each other well but if they have lived in the middle east they can.

They just have to go to their neighbours with rather similar religious outlook which can roughly be traced back to the old Ottoman empire and the Arab ones.

The judgment challenged universal human values, the simple drive to help people in distress

Your universal human values. Your interpretation. Yours!

Do you get it? It is your values that you are imposing on others.

Ours are very different from yours in the Far East. We help others in distress but we Do Not go out to intervene in their affairs. If they come to us for help we help but otherwise we let the nature takes it’s course.

mrhoppy

Chewkw displaying his complete lack of understanding of the Middle East situation whilst using it to justify a fairly unpleasant viewpoint.

BoardinBob

Chewkw being the non-stop roaster that he always is.

Funny how he spent years posting one word or one line answers to everything. Now it’s War & Peace on every thread.

I’m 100% convinced he’s either an alias or some spam-bot that’s became self aware over the years and just posts non stop bollocks all day every day

chewkw
    Free Member

mrhoppy – Member
    Chewkw displaying his complete lack of understanding of the Middle East situation whilst using it to justify a fairly unpleasant viewpoint.

If you understand them that well why are they in a mess now?

chewkw
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member
    Funny how he spent years posting one word or one line answers to everything. Now it’s War & Peace on every thread.

Yes, but you lot are trying to intervene in others’ affairs to make things worst.

You escalate the problem to the entire world by drawing in many factions and by fueling the fire.

Let them be and let nature takes it course.

Let them deal with their own affairs as they see fit and as they know.

You Do Not need to instill Democracy in that region Nor them to defend the Western Democracy. They are middle east … Not the West.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

You can help people in distress by campaigning for a change in Government policy

When has that ever worked?

Edukator
    Free Member

I work with Libyan, Syrian, Arabs, Pakistani, Afghan, Egyptians also some from Omar and Qatar as well

Which part of Newcastle is this? Which part of anywhere is this? And what possessed you to interrogate all those people on language use?

Jeez you post some… even for a troll.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Look if you want to say “let them all die”, just say “let them all die”.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Chewkw,

Suni Vs Shia? Minority Christian populations? Oppressed regional groups like the Kurds? Are you seriously suggesting that the Kurds should just wander south each time things kick off in Northern Iraq?

Or the Palestinians? Welcome anytime in Israel I’ve heard.

And as fir all those in rebel* held North Syria, why on earth would they not feel safe in Turkey?

*The PKK

BoardinBob

I meant War & Peace because of the sheer volume of crap you post on every thread. Nothing to do with actual conflict or peace…

BoardinBob

100% troll.

You called him on his amazing grasp of punctuation, colloquialisms etc.

Biggest wind up merchant on here

DrJ

You can help someone in distress by donating to a charity, by volunteering for a charity including working abroad. You can help people in distress by campaigning for a change in Government policy.

Good plan. If I ever see you on fire, I’ll send in a donation to my local fire department instead of … ummm … extinguishing the flames. Conscience salved.

mrhoppy

You seem to get a perverse pleasure in derailling threads.

Anyhow, why don’t they stay locally? Over 4m have, unfortunately the war they are fleeing is driven by a multitude of complicating factors partly civil war, partly religious sub divisions, partly proxy regional disputes. This means that your nearest country may very well not be a place you feel safe (Kurds going to Turkey for instance) and to get to other surrounding countries which may be ‘safer’ you’d new to cross the war zone.

Add on to that the desire to reunite with your family that you may have been separated from and its hardly surprising that a small number may want to move on. This was facilitated by countries within Europe agreeing to accept refugees.

And saying they have similarities religiously is to completely ignore that much of the current problem is based on religious differences between religious sub sections.

Cougar

The Bible tells us to respect the laws of the country in which we live

Does it? That’s handy to know, whereabouts?

salad_dodger

100% ****.

chewkw
    Free Member

hebdencyclist – Member

Look if you want to say “let them all die”, just say “let them all die”. [/quote]

I say let them live as they see fit, let them live as their ways.

Good enough?

Edukator – Reformed Troll
    which part of Newcastle is this? Which part of anywhere is this? And what possessed you to interrogate all those people on language use?

I work with them in the past employments.

I can “interrogate” anyone that allowed me as I wish and as I see fit coz they are my friends.

I can ask them their languages their live styles and their cultures as I wish and as they allow me to. They all welcome me with open arms. I even asked them how they dated women there. They even showed me their new wives … I met them too.

Just like I allow you to ask me questions as you wish.

Now my turn to ask you questions since I recall you saying you taught something …

What do you teach exactly?

Which part of the world have you taught?

Who are the people you taught?

Are you still teaching now?

chewkw
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Chewkw,

Suni Vs Shia? Minority Christian populations? Oppressed regional groups like the Kurds? Are you seriously suggesting that the Kurds should just wander south each time things kick off in Northern Iraq?

Or the Palestinians? Welcome anytime in Israel I’ve heard.

And as fir all those in rebel* held North Syria, why on earth would they not feel safe in Turkey?

*The PKK

They have lived the way they know for a long time but why all of a sudden the whole region turn into a big mess?

Of course they fight each other from time to time but by comparison to the current climate that is Not even comparable.

Why is Western Democracy imposed in that region?

Why do Western Democracy fuel the fire in that region to disstablise them?

Why can’t Western Democracy accept their systems?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Do you have even a working knowlage of middle eastern history or geopolitics?

Western intervention has played a part (the creation of Israel and Iraq is a good starter for 10 on that). But the issues go back a lot further than that.

chewkw
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Do you have even a working knowlage of middle eastern history or geopolitics?

Western intervention has played a part (the creation of Israel and Iraq is a good starter for 10 on that). But the issues go back a lot further than that.

Do you?

We all know Western intervention in all over the world common sense that … trouble makers they are too.

Put it this way … why all of sudden we have all this mess in the middle east in the past 10 – 20 years?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They* were knocking seven shades of shit out of each other long before the gulf war. Most of the bible is made up of references to conflicts and definitely pre dates western intervention, christianity and Islam!

But, that misses the point that 99% don’t want wars, which is why they end up refugees. The people who got into her car were no more at fault for the situation they found themselves in than Lisbeth Zornig.

*in the geopolitical/historical sense

jimdubleyou

why all of sudden we have all this mess in the middle east in the past 10 – 20 years?

WW1, and before.

jambalaya
    Free Member

When has that ever worked?

June 23, 2016

As above it’s far too simplistic to try and hold the West responsible for the current mess in the Middle East. There has been violent massacre in the region for 1000’s of years. I’m just reading a book which speaks of massacre of refugees fleeing Jerusalem by cutting open their stomaches as they where known to swallow gold coins as a defence against being robbed. This was circa 1000 BC.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Prosecuted for helping Syrian refuges’ is closed to new replies.