Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Prosecuted for helping Syrian refuges
  • ulysse
    Free Member

Our Syrian mate was very well off in his country of birth, Jamba, He was military and spoke out against Assad, was tortured, hung by the feet and dropped repeatedly until his neck broke.
    His family paid for his release, and initial medical care to stabalise his neck injuries. Its understood if he returns, its open season on him and his relatives- if there is any real truth in that is debatable, but he sure as shit believes it so.
    We met him in a homeless hostel, where he wasnt allowed to work, and had a very basic allowance for toiletries etc. The hostel provided 2 meals, breakfast and main.
    So from swanning around in his dads Bentley and access to private yachts, to dossing with addicts and people at their lowest ebb.
    From fine dining when on leave, to cornflakes and toast with marg, and an evening meal of lasagne with frozen veg with a helping of spotted dick for afters.

So he for one aint here for the money.

It’s a bit of a success story in the long run, touching on another reason he wouldnt want to go back, once he got a work permit while still in the Hostel, he got a job waiting on in our favorite Persian restaurant, built up a little nest egg, moved out to Liverpool and went self employed and last i heard he was doing well for himself.
    So Liverpool is home now, and i’d say Liverpool is richer for him calling it his home

fin25
    Free Member

Ulysse, stop humanising people. Easy narratives fall apart when you start doing stuff like that.

ulysse
    Free Member

That aint the full story, anyone who knows the UK hostel system would have worked that one out- but the rest is between me and my family and him…
    My nephew he really took to due to similar ages, and they keep in regular contact

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Prosecuted for helping Syrian refuges’ is closed to new replies.