Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Proper OT: Blocked Dishwasher
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I moved into my rented appartment on Monday, cooked my first meal last night (Spag bol, loverly) went to load the dishwasher and the damm thing is all blocked up!!

The bit under the bottom basket where the mesh cover thingy goes is full of water, it pongs a little bit too 😕

Anyone know how to sort this out quickly and preferably for free??

BigJohn

I’ve always found turning a dishwasher uside down for 5 minutes than turning it back right way up sorts most problems.

I don’t know if there’s an airlock, but give it a try.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Give it a full beans cycle whilst empty, might shift it

steve_b77
    Free Member

It doesn’t even seem to start, is there some kind of interlock that will only operate when the mesh cover thingy is in place?

ken_shields
    Free Member

Take the filter out and wash it out and while you have it out pour boiling water into the outlet hole where you took the filter out and leave it for a bit

buy a dishwasher cleaner and use that

That worked on mine anyway….best of luck

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cheers senor shields

theotherjonv

you can pull all the filters out and clean them up, that should have prevented the m/c itself (pumps, etc.) getting clogged. There might be an interlock to stop it running without filters for this reason.

Also most have a sump and float in the base so if there is a leak, from pumps and gaskets it doesn’t go all over the floor, it collects and if sufficient collects, then it trips the switch and the machine won’t run. Usually a plug on the front so you can drain that in a controlled manner. Might be worth checking that. Also bear in mind that mice eat the floats so that can affect their operation!

Finally remember that dishwashers are great at cleaning dishes but they don’t empty leftovers into the bin / compost for you. My dad who was looking after my sister’s house (rented out) was asked to go along and help a tenant where the dishwasher had packed up and found chicken bones and all sorts in the filters! FFS!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Proper OT: Blocked Dishwasher’ is closed to new replies.