Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Promax BL253 lever adjust, TRP Spyre on Vagabond
  • iainc

Had a couple of decent rides now on my new Vagabond that I got last week and loving it 😀

I do find, ever for my largish hands, that the brake levers are a bit far away on the drops. I can see 2 settings, with a pin up near the hinge, which can change it from miles away, to closer but still a long way out, by sliding the pin to locate the lug on the left, or the right.

Am I missing something, or is that it, adjustment wise ?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That’s all folks.

Same issue here. My dwarf digits are compromising braking potential with these same levers. Pushing the pins inboard (towards each other) is the nearest reach setting, outwards the farthest.

I may well invest in some more suitable (for my span) levers at some point but the thing that concerns me is that even with ‘compressionless’ Jagwire housing I noticed the lever blades wind up approx 1cm from the bars when braking hard. It doesn’t take much wear on the pads to close that gap.

coatesy
    Free Member

Not sure of those specific levers, but i’ve turned modified pins in a lathe to give shorter reach on similar style brakes.

iainc

Thanks Malvern Rider, was hoping you’d be along !

Mine has 50 dusty off road miles in it now, over 2 rides. Actually had to wash it a bit there as drivetrain was sticky from factory lube, so all cleaned and fresh and a dose of Peatys on the chain. The brakes are ok for me, just further out than I am used to on my other 2 drop bar bikes. I am mighty impressed with the Vagabond on my local stuff – avoiding the proper techy sections and on tamer singletrack and fireroads it just munches up the miles 😀

All I have done to it so far is swop the saddle to an ISM one, put on water bottles, oh and move the stem down 10mm, and put Time spds on it..

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Sounds like you made a good choice iainc. Keep us updated on your mods and riding in the Vagabond thread. Which reminds me…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Promax BL253 lever adjust, TRP Spyre on Vagabond’ is closed to new replies.