Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Projectiles…
  • debaser

Passing through Niddrie/Bingham on the Innocent cyclepath yesterday I had the unerring feeling that the lads playing golf on the playing field had just acquired a new target for their practice shots.

Fortunately their aim was keich, but a few came a bit close for comfort.

What have you had launched at you when out on the bike? Funny, dangerous or otherwise. What is it that makes cyclists a target for this kind of crap?

atlaz
    Free Member

When I was about 15 I was riding with some mates to someone’s house in the country. Two 12 year olds shot at us (and hit one of my mates) with an air rifle. They got the predictable kicking.

tonyg2003

Years ago I was on a raod bike going on the road across Epsom downs that bisects the golf course. Next thing I knew there was a massive bang and I realised that a golf ball had hit my (brand new) front wheel. The golfer in question was laughing when I walked up to him. He wasn’t when I demanded the money for repairing my wheel (threatening to break a club helped him decide).

Handsomedog
    Free Member

I’ve been shot at with an air rifle – hit the frame just behind my leg without doing any damage. I can’t say I hung about.

My wife got completely pelted with snowballs last winter whilst riding back from work – she had to ride past a school at kicking out time and got stuck behind a bus. I didn’t laugh…honest 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Had a full open coke bottle thrown at me from a car once. Didn’t hurt, but it was a warm evening and horribly sticky 🙁

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

2 litre bottle of ginger?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZthGdjGX0E&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

rickmeister

At Uni in Liverpool, out at Preston Brook canoe training on the canal. Pelted with stones by kids from a bridge who fortunately missed me…. Thinking about a blow to the head, capsising when stunned was a bit gripping…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Projectiles…’ is closed to new replies.