Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Problems with PURE radios
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve had two of them pack up in the last couple of months.

The on-off switch on my MOVE failed and now my EVOKE-1 won’t boot up. Not happy because this is almost £2oo worth of kit.

Have I just been unlucky or behind all the fancy casings are they a bit crap?

nickf
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 Pure radios – both brilliant, nothing’s ever got wrong.

HTTP404
    Free Member

had my evoke for many troublefree years and hopefully a few more.

hora
    Free Member

Near to your microwave?
    Near to a heat source or dampness?

Just guessing really.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve just had a chat with the technical support people at PURE.

As I’ve lost two of them in as many months they have agreed to fix/replace the MOVE for free and replace the EVOKE and auxiliary speaker (my old one won’t fit the latest radio) for about half price. Despite both being out of warranty.

Can’t fault them for their customer service but I would have been happier if the things hadn’t broken in the first place.

mrblobby
    Free Member

My Pure evoke flow broke a few months back and they replaced under warranty. Did mean being without it for a couple of months though. Not sure I’d buy one again but that’s more because of the poor interface than any reliability issue.

IanMunro
    Free Member

On the customer service point if they are replacing at roughly half price, aren’t they just selling it to you at the price they sell to the shops, so from their point of view it’s pretty much another profitable sale?
    Not meaning to pick on them specifically, but just feeling cynical at the mo. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

On the customer service point if they are replacing at roughly half price, aren’t they just selling it to you at the price they sell to the shops, so from their point of view it’s pretty much another profitable sale?

Probably. But they are out of warranty and they are fixing/replacing the other one for free.

Under the circumstances I’ll settle for £60 for 2 working radios and a new auxiliary speaker.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

As I’ve lost two of them in as many months they have agreed to fix/replace the MOVE for free and replace the EVOKE and auxiliary speaker (my old one won’t fit the latest radio) for about half price. Despite both being out of warranty.

How long have you had them? Don’t forget the ‘reasonable expectation’ bit

Harry_the_Spider

4 years ish.

Like I said I’m happy with the service and they must have thought I was being reasonable because they didn’t tell me to jog off.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Had an Evoke for many years – got one almost as soon as they launched it. Still going strong.

Possible you were just very unlucky. If the law of averages holds true it would be a good time to buy a lottery ticket…
    😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Problems with PURE radios’ is closed to new replies.