Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Problems fitting XTR disk brake to Specialized with Brain
  • mudpot
    Free Member

I’ve got a specialized stumpy fsr 2007. When trying to fit the rear calliper the hose is in direct line with the Brain, I can’t therefore route the hose. Has anyone got any solutions for this.

crazy-legs

It works fine on my Epic (basically identical set-up), the hose went round the outside of the Brain and into the caliper – you can bend it by a surprising amount and it’ll still work.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Use a banjo.

mudpot
    Free Member

I tried to set it up last night and the Brain looked too close to bend it around, I’ll have another look tonight.

I like the idea of the Banjo, can someone point me towards the correct banjo to use for the XTR

theflatboy
    Free Member

I like the idea of the Banjo, can someone point me towards the correct banjo to use for the XTR

try this one:

mudpot
    Free Member

😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

This or this should do it I would have thought. Although never having even used Shimano discs I cant say for definite.

mudpot
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

Be careful as calipers desgined for straight in fittings are a different thread size to those designed for a banjo. So it is not quite as simple as it might first appear.

mudpot
    Free Member

Thanks for the warning. Now I’ll have to see if I can force the cable around the Brain somehow, I’m not sure it’s going to work though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If they’re M970s they are straight hoses, if M965s they’re banjos.

mudpot
    Free Member

they’re the M975’s with straight hoses

I_Ache
    Free Member

Surely they will work with both id you use a banjo with the correct size thread?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Problems fitting XTR disk brake to Specialized with Brain’ is closed to new replies.