Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Printertrackworld
  • savoyad

My inkjet scanner combo has died. Since I last bought a printer, it seems some manufacturers have locked out third party cartridges (Epson? HP?).

I’m looking for a replacement as like mine as possible (Colour, ADF, Scanner, Duplex, Ethernet).

Does anyone know which makes will still work with cheap cartridges? I don’t want to buy a “bargain” and then pay the purchase price again and again in ink. The kids like printing photos so inkjet better than laser really.

Cougar

HP Instant Ink is the STW-approved way to go these days.

tails
    Free Member

I’ve got a Samsung laser, go mono if you can as the toner/ink is expensive but it will run for around thousand pages. You can buy not genuine toner but I’ve not tried.

northernmatt

We had this dilemma when having to print what felt like a million pages of home schooling stuff over lockdown. Ended up with an Epson Ecotank one, ours is the base model at around £160-180 but the ink levels have barely budged in the last 4 months. Refill bottles are £10 a colour so £40 for the lot and they’ll (allegedly) last for around 7500 pages.

pocpoc
    Free Member

HP Instant Ink is the STW-approved way to go these days.

Yep. Just picked up one of THESE with 12 months Instant Ink included. Looks like stock is getting low though. We had to go a bit further to find a store with one in stock.
    We’re on the 300 page £10/month plan. Printer was £90 so free printer plus a bit more 🙂

TheFlyingOx

Brother don’t do any of that proprietary cartridge nonsense as far as I know. We recently bought one, WiFi enabled. Took about 3 minutes to set up and now anyone in the house can print from wherever they are on whatever device they’re on. Can’t fault it.

dave661350

I’ve just bought an Epson ET 2710 with the eco tank. £170 delivered. Hoping the reviews and recommendations are right as it is always the ink that hammers you on printing. Seems fine so far

Murray

Just had to replace my printer. The 12 month deals on HP Instant Ink at Argos are sold out so went for a Epson L3110 from Aldi for £120. Setup is clunky but the ink tanks are massive and the massive replacement ink bottles are £10 each.

Hopefully it’ll do more than the 3 years that the last one did.

Murray

Although just spotted that it hasn’t got WiFi – damn!

jairaj

I got a new printer last year Epson XP-342 cost and it supports 3rd party inks. Got some cheap ink form an seller on Amazon and it appears to work fine in my printer. I mostly only need to print out text so ink quality is not a concern for me but it seems fine to me.

It uses the Epson 29 (Strawberry) cartridges. I would have thought any printer using the 29 cartridge would be the same and work fine with afterwork inks?

davidgeist
    Free Member

You will be checking ink costs on eBay and they offer arrangements of 4 inks for the 6230. Do they figure out how to some way or another crush the 3 shading inks in about a solitary cartridge or would they say they are talking trash?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Printertrackworld’ is closed to new replies.