Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Prince Philip Strikes Again!
  • binners

He could get a nice little time-share by the beach. The kids come over for the summer holidays 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Just that he’s rather hypocritical, questioning the motives of those who’ve come from abroad to work here.

Presumably you’ve got a handy quotation where he’s doing that? Or maybe you’re just making stuff up to try and support your rather dubious point.

grum
    Free Member

Just that he’s rather hypocritical, questioning the motives of those who’ve come from abroad to work here. At least they actually work…

I’m no fan of royalty but I fail to see how he’s even implied that.

thx1138
    Free Member

Presumably you’ve got a handy quotation where he’s doing that?

He’s an extremely wealthy man who has benefitted economically from living in the UK. I’ll leave you to work the rest out.

I’m no fan of royalty but I fail to see how he’s even implied that.

It’s Prince Phillip. Do the maths. 😉

aracer
    Free Member

I’ll take that as a no then. Thanks for playing.

thx1138
    Free Member

It’s actually a yes, but obviously you’re a bit too dense to work it out. 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Obviously a bit too dense to spot the non-existent quote – the absence of which makes it a no 🙄

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

thx1138 – Member
    Just that he’s rather hypocritical, questioning the motives of those who’ve come from abroad to work here. At least they actually work…

As other have said, there is no evidence of this. Compare the positive reaction of the people involved (presumably appreciating PP’s attempt at humour to make them feel at ease) with the reactions of STW’s offended:

Silly old twunt
    Phil the kebab
    A silly old tosser
    A philandering bully
    He’s a dick
    Greek
    He won’t be around for too much longer, thankfully.
    Easyjet do cheap flights to Greece, I’m sure. Only takes a couple of hours. (so, lets deport “foreigners” – ok i know this was an attempt at a joke, albeit a poor one)

Sorry, who are we calling offensive?

aracer +1 – shall we join the ill-educated/waste of education club? 😉

aracer
    Free Member

shall we join the ill-educated/waste of education club?

I was thinking of asking where thx was educated…

thx1138
    Free Member

so, lets deport “foreigners” – ok i know this was an attempt at a joke, albeit a poor one

If you can prove that’s actually what I said, I’ll let you have that one.

aracer
    Free Member

We’re still waiting for your apology to Phil…

…or maybe you were thinking of proving he said exactly what you claimed he did.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I had a stay in hospital last year.

It could have been any where but in England, my nurse didnt speak English and not one of my fellow inmates spoke English either. Only when the doc came to see me did I think I might have been on a ward in England

thx1138
    Free Member

or maybe you were thinking of proving he said exactly what you claimed he did.

You insinuated that I’d called for enforced repatriation of foreigners:

Yeah – let’s send all these immigrants back where they came from.

Prove that I did, and I might get back to you. Otherwise, find something else to do, because you’re just boring really. No offence like.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If you can prove that’s actually what I said

You’re having a laugh, right ? 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Sorry, who are we calling offensive?

+1

aracer
    Free Member

You insinuated that I’d called for enforced repatriation of foreigners:

Prove that’s actually what I said 😛

No offence like.

No of course not. IME people do tend to start ad-homming when they’ve lost the argument.

Maybe you should stop digging, but in case you think the hole’s not big enough yet, here’s a bigger shovel

Drac

When they did their visit up here last year the schools my wife took the kids for the walk around bit. My youngest was sitting with her friends throwing stones into the Royal’s path, just little pebbles and they were 5 at the time. Prince Philip wandered up to them and told them he’d rather be doing that too as he was bored.

😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Prince Philip wandered up to them and told them he’d rather be doing that too as he was bored.

That’s the thing about Phil, he injects a bit of humour in otherwise dull and boring occasions.

Lifer
    Free Member

I don’t find him offensive, just boringly predictable. Not as boringly predictable as those that gleefully post about how great it that ‘that will upset a few people’ nor those that get upset by these comments despite his boring predictability.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the reactions of STW’s offended:

Seeing as you’ve quoted me there thm, without your customary “I don’t really mean it” wink, I’ll just let you know I’m not at all offended at the remarks of your beloved royal philandering bully.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t find him offensive, just boringly predictable.

Compared to other people who preform simular civic duties ?

binners

He’s not predictable at all. He’s an example to us all. He’s positively inclusive, in an almost Guardianista fashion, about who he chooses to insult. Spreading his off-the-cuff Joie de vivre far and wide. Any race, colour or creed. Come on, come all.

So you couldn’t possibly predict who’s going to cop it next

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I think THM makes a really good point – Phil always seems to play his audience perfectly

its the usual suspects who jump up afterwards and read things into what he’s said and tell us how we should all be offended on behalf of someone else that cause the trouble…

mt
    Free Member

Before forcing back to Greece should we consider his service record? Did he do anything interesting in the Navy?

I like him, he ain’t perfect and says some things he should not but I like that fact that he can say them. 1984 anyone?

philconsequence
    Free Member

So you couldn’t possibly predict who’s going to cop it next

middleton?

martinhutch

One of his best gags involves making middle-class teenagers miserable for our entertainment by sending them out in the rain for a few days in shell-suits and oversized packs.

thx1138
    Free Member

Prove that’s actually what I said

OK; insinuating that what I meant was:

Yeah – let’s send all these immigrants back where they came from.

In response to my statement of:

So what’s stopping him returning now?

Thanks for playing. Goodbye.

I don’t find him offensive, just boringly predictable. Not as boringly predictable as those that gleefully post about how great it that ‘that will upset a few people’ nor those that get upset by these comments despite his boring predictability.

He’s just an ignorant old bigot, who, because of his position in society, can get away with saying whatever he likes. Because no-one dares challenge him. And he knows this, and revels in it.

its the usual suspects who jump up afterwards and read things into what he’s said and tell us how we should all be offended on behalf of someone else that cause the trouble…

Nonsense. He’s a racist ignorant old bigot. Full stop. That you may be oblivious to this is irrelevant; it’s still fact.

It’s the usual ignorant idiots that jump up and down to defend him, calling him a ‘national hero’ amongst other bollocks, without realising that he just sees them as plebs who he wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire, that cause the trouble.

Because stupid idiots like that don’t do anything to rid us of the parasitic monarchy which is an affront to democracy.

That’s me done. Have a good day y’all. 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

you’re an argumentative young mayn aren’t you!

aracer
    Free Member

thx in proof fail shocker

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thank you Z11.

DD, you got me there! I did include your smiley in the copy and paste and then deleted it for consistency. Chronic attempt at misrepresentation, I realise! 😉 I imagine your level of offence taken is the same as the nurse’s in question.

The waste of education comments are great though. Listen to the clip, read what he says. He is making the nurse feel at ease (see Zulu’s comment) and is making an obvious complement re the role that Philippino staff make to the NHS. To turn this into some racist slur is bending reality to an extraordinary degree even by STW standards!

martinhutch

Because no-one dares challenge him

Apart from the entire British media which triumphantly announces every Philip ‘gaffe’.

Your argument about his poor manners and behaviour would probably carry more weight if you didn’t publish posts looking forward to his death, though.

anagallis_arvensis

I feel ashamed to live in a country where some old fossils comments are seen as important, but I am also happy to live in a country where some old fossil can say what he likes.

duckman

martinhutch – Member
    One of his best gags involves making middle-class teenagers miserable for our entertainment by sending them out in the rain for a few days in shell-suits and oversized packs.

Posted 5 minutes ago # Report-Post

I run DOE groups,at the Gold awards in Embra he walks around and presses flesh for the best part of four hours. He is engaging,witty and suprisingly down to earth. Just my balance to the bile being spouted above based on my meeting him and seeing how he interacts with the Gold award winners.

thx1138 – Member

Do you have your own theme music as you patrol the mean streets of London seeking out the perpetrators of racism/injustice/class division?

binners

Oh, don’t go. You were barely getting started…..

😆

bearnecessities

Thx, what age bracket are you in? Genuine question..

aracer
    Free Member

aracer +1 – shall we join the ill-educated/waste of education club?

It appears so, thm

It’s the usual ignorant idiots that jump up and down to defend him

Pigface
    Free Member

I called him Phil the Kebab and he certainly didn’t offend me 😆

Its a Welsh thing the milkman whan I was a kid was known as Dai the Milk, Colin who runs a chippy is Col the Batter my mates brother is known as the Olymic Flame as he never goes out.

Hurtmore dont drag me into one of your pay attention to me gambits.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry Pigface, just trying to keep the same level of “implied racism” consistent throughout! Only fair.

Woody
    Free Member

Thx, what age bracket are you in? Genuine question

]
    How old was padded elf ?

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Prince Philip Strikes Again!’ is closed to new replies.