Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • present advise for a bird ive know only 10 days?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

so what shall i get her?nothing wont go down well,and shes well into me so im not after cresting a massive statement or gesture.
    just havent got a clue what to get her…?

carbon337
    Free Member

tickets to something, show concert etc.

binners

You clearly like her. Why mess around?…..

🙂

sc-xc

tickets to something, show concert etc.

the gun show?

philconsequence
    Free Member

price limit?

vouchers for massage or something girly and indulgent

GlitterGary
    Free Member

A gun rack?

dannyboy
    Free Member

ODB,

What carbon337 said. if you’re still in the dating zone, make it a “mega” date!?

DB

cynic-al
    Free Member

Something not high value but with some thought behind it.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Sweet merciful Zeus, she’s expecting you to get her a present after only 10 days? Not getting her one “Won’t go down well”?

RUN! RUUUUNNNN!

RealMan
    Free Member

thepurist

How about tickets for this?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Mrs Toast speaks sense.

Torminalis
    Free Member

odannyboy, I thought I was a pretty swift mover but to go from cohabiting with the mother of your children under a cloud of despair to dating in a matter of weeks is quite the remarkable turnaround.

Get her some flowers. 10 days is too soon to be demanding gifts. What has she got you?

Junkyard
    Free Member

shes well into me

Why would she not be ? You seem to know her so well she is indeed a lucky bird 😕

hels
    Free Member

I’m with MrsToast. If she expects a present already she is a grabbing harpy so you should save the money and buy yourself some running shoes.

However, if she has not indicated the requirement for gratification in the form of gifts, then she might be a nice person.

Tricky area because yes, you will be judged. Thoughtfulness and knowing what she likes (which will mean you have listened to at least two words rather than staring at her chest) will score big points.

Spending loads of money is out, as if she is a nice person she will think “what kind of slapper does he think I am that he can buy my affections”. If she likes expensive present, well then it’s back to the start.

If you don’t know what she likes you are in trouble, however help is at hand. Champagne. Not too expensive, £20-30 should buy you a bottle actually made in France.

If she doesn’t drink, you are screwed. Or not, as is more likely.

No need to thank me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sweet merciful Zeus

😆

What about a nice little gift that has some thought behind it, not the usual cliched rubbish. Something that appeals to her as an individual.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

What is the reason behind the gift? Birthday, or something else? You say you’ve only known her for 10 days, is that in the biblical sense, or in the frienship/dating sense? Or have you known her in the dating/frienship sense for longer?

No suggestions from me at the moment!

nickf
    Free Member

It wouldn’t occur to me to get a present for someone I’d known for 10 days. Different if they were moving into a new flat, starting a new job etc, but otherwise definitely not. Otherwise you start getting into that dreadful “and then Dave got me this for out 3-month anniversary” situation.

And anyone who expected one would get the elbow; if , on the other hand, I was “well into” (urgh, horrible phrase) someone, and wanted to get them a present…well, that’s a completely different scenario.

Doesn’t sound to me as though you want to buy her a present, ergo you should refrain from doing so.

philconsequence
    Free Member

what about some shiney bike bits…. (make sure they fit your bike)

stumpy01

Singletrackworld subscription??

TooTall
    Free Member

If she is ‘well into you’ and happy being referred to as a ‘bird’, could I respectfully suggest a nice kebab and a bag of chips as a suitable gift to mark the occasion?

mrchrispy

anal lube?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

been seeing someone for not too long and she suggested a weekend away. sounded good, she suggested york and asked me to organise it.
    brilliant, we went to the steam train gala at pickering and spent a couple of nights at the brewery in cropton
    she might organise the next one, if there is one….

Cougar

Give her an angry pirate.

ShaunW1973
    Free Member

Get her a bible. Should scare her off.

wors

Pearl necklace?

TheBrick
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member
    A gun rack?

but does she own a gun let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What is she going to do with a gun rack?

joolsburger
    Free Member

What about a nice Cleaveland Steamer?

I’d just take her for dinner.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

rabbit?

farmer-giles
    Free Member

butt plug?

RealMan
    Free Member

Arabian goggles?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Something that shows you’ve been listening.

(Don’t get a card if you can’t remember what her name is)

MrNutt
    Free Member

jumbo box of condoms and 12 cans of monster energy?

farmer-giles
    Free Member

a goat for africa?
    just print the page from the oxfam brochure.
    don’t actually pay oxfam, the bird will never find out and then go and spend the money you’ve saved on yourself at LBS
    happy dayz

DezB
    Free Member

Is this bird special?

(Christmas is a rubbish time cos you can’t hang your washing out)

singletrackmind

An iron?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

bake her a cake (providing you can bake and its her birthday).

Lass I’d been seeing for a short while before my birthday made me a cake. I thought it was an ace present.

bigyinn
    Free Member

@ famer giles

coffee meet screen, coffee meet keyboard! 😆

yunki
    Free Member

family heirloom.. something with tonnes of sentiment.. your great grannies eternity ring or something.. make a HUGE ceromony about it too.. she’ll LOVE it

bigyinn
    Free Member

How about a garage door repair kit?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘present advise for a bird ive know only 10 days?’ is closed to new replies.