Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Prescription riding glasses
  • dropoff

Any recommendations of good suppliers? Thanks

johncoventry

Optilabs

cheers_drive

RX sports

aP
    Free Member

How strong is your prescription?

jkomo

Not being rude but this comes up at least once a month.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

jkomo
    Not being rude but this comes up at least once a month.

He needs glasses ;o)

And, to be fair, there’s heaps of questions that constantly come up. Don’t sweat it.

I have a pair of Oakley fives from 12 years ago which have Rupp and Hubrach transition lenses in. They’re still quite close to my prescription and they are hands down the best lenses I’ve ever had. Not a scratch on them. Expensive, but totally worth it.

dropoff

Thanks all, my prescription is about +1.2 in each eye.Couple of good leads there.

alanl
    Free Member

Select Specs have been recommended in the past.
    I thought I’d give them a try.
    The website is good, ordered in 10 minutes.4 weeks ago.
    Still not here.
    So I looked up the tracking a couple of weeks ago. They are Chinese, and my glasses had been in Hong Kong for over a week at that point.I’ve just checked , they have now left HK, but definitely not here yet.
    If I’d have known they were coming from China, I wouldnt have bothered.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m very pleased with mine from from Reglaze-Glasses-Direct.com

FB-ATB

Found the drawback of getting a prescription for being short sighted earlier this year- can’t read the small displays on my bike computer. So I’ll need bi-focals!

BillOddie

Had good service from https://www.extreme-eyewear.co.uk/ .

Really helpful.

Nick

I need readers, can see anything more than 2 meters away perfectly, so have some cheapo bi-focal sunglasses from amazon, they are ok for riding, but prefer my Tifosi Photochromatic Amoks that cost £40.

I wouldn’t mind some nice photochromatic, bi-focal Tifosi Amok’s, looking at RX, that would come to £319!!!!

kalamonkey

Does anyone have a recommendation for really bad eyesight.

I’m a -11 in one eye and a -12 in the other.

My “old glasses” are a bit removed from my prescription so I’m wearing my normal ones when I go out.

aP
    Free Member

I’m -11/-11.5 so have been through the process.
    My favourite cycling glasses are Rudy Project Maya which have a flip up front shield which with the impactx2 black lens is really versatile. They’re difficult to get in the UK, but the guys in Italy know this and have promised me that if I want I can order direct. These can be worn as normal glasses without the shield and don’t look too survival 😉
    I have recently bought some Adidas Zonyk Pro which I’ve got bifocals in. They’re pretty good.
    Both these frames have pretty good venting although will mist a bit if its really bad weather.
    Rupp+Hubrach will custom make lenses for higher base frames, but they are spendy.
    My optician Schuller’s in London have a good handle on sports frames for high prescriptions. I’m not sure quite what they’re doing at the moment (don’t we all), but if you call and speak to Erika she should be able to give you some advice.

coynie09
    Free Member

i ordered some from Select Specs where taking a while to come i emailed them & they turned up by the end of the week but i can’t complain for the price …………

coynie09
    Free Member

I ordered some from Select Specs where taking a while to come i emailed them & they turned up by the end of the week but i can’t complain for the price …………

footflaps

Optilabs

+1

Been using them for years, excellent products.

Found the drawback of getting a prescription for being short sighted earlier this year- can’t read the small displays on my bike computer. So I’ll need bi-focals!

I’ve got to that age now, but manage by looking down, under the glasses.

FB-ATB

Got it wrong- I’m long sighted, need the specs for reading close up (STW Mag I’m looking at you). Other option is to put a magnifying glass over the display!

Wally

Optilabs +2

kalamonkey

@aP Many thanks for that, I’ll have look into those options.

Cheers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Prescription riding glasses’ is closed to new replies.