Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Predictions for this time next year?
  • fatmountain
    Free Member

Any armchair futurists out there? How do you think things will be looking on this day in 2021?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Everyone will still be arguing on here!

😀

Rubber_Buccaneer

Shoes will still be mentioned whenever CFH posts regardless of the topic

finbar
    Free Member

Everyone will be a bit angrier, a bit more polarised, inequality will have deepened a bit more. The environment will be a bit further worse off, plus we’ll start to see a reduction in environmental protections and standards as we crash out of the EU with no deal and need to help our all-important economy [sic] recover.

I’ll have jumped off a bridge.

binners

I bet we’ve still not got bloody hoverboards.

We were promised hoverboards in ‘the future’

Where are they then, eh?

WHERE?!!

dyna-ti

26″ makes a dramatic return or the moon will crash out of Earths orbit.

Something along those lines

fatmountain
    Free Member

I’ll have jumped off a bridge.

See you on the way down.

Houns

Yellowstone giant volcano erupts and we’re all dead

NewRetroTom

Hoverboards – have you seen Colin Furze’s hoverboard riding?

2tyred

Shimano 10-53 cassette released.

ads678

It’ll be a Tuesday, so probably not much different to today….

thepurist

Shimano 10-53 cassette released.

Shortly followed by Sram 10-54.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Available holiday bookings will be like gold dust as everyone pre books way in advance to make up for no holidays in 2020.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I hate to say it but in the US a 2nd President Trump. His original election seemed unthinkable, his re-election seems far less so.

COVID: A lot of dusty, ignored signs in shops and offices reminding use to wash our hands, socially distance etc which on the surface will be ignored, but there will be an almost subliminal sense of worry about standing too close to strangers that will stay with our generation for the rest of our lives. Small kids now and children born in the years to come will remark as they get older than our generation has issues with personal space.

Maybe there will be a cure, maybe there will be a vaccine, but I fancy we’ll sometimes hear about localised outbreaks, if they’re in the UK it will be front page news, if it’s in a Western Country it might make the news, anywhere else it’ll hardly make a ripple. It’ll probably rattle around the developing world for decades, even if there’s a cure.

Brexit, I think we’ll probably leave with a deal, our trade agreement with the EU will be as much of a political point in the future as the NHS.

NHS, the banners and road signs will fade away, and it’ll go back to being a Whipping Boy for Labour and the Tories to fight over, they’ll forget about all the clapping and maybe even the odd Tories prick might mention them “going over budget” because they managed to build field hospitals in weeks. There will be a Pay freeze in all but name.

tall_martin

Doooooom

Doooooooom everywhere!

Other than that much the same as before. Said the asthmatic hopefully

rogermoore

Light Rain. 13C.
    RM.

duncancallum

A desolate waste ground.

Though that’s already here in bolton

Trimix
    Free Member

We will slide into Global Warming extreams of weather more rapidly. Resulting in a much bigger refugee problem for mainland Europe, and a knockon effect for us. Probably resulting in further pressure for the EU to break up into individual states just looking after thier own economic, environmental problems.

OH, and the US will be way worse that it is now.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Available holiday bookings will be like gold dust as everyone pre books way in advance to make up for no holidays in 2020.

Wouldn’t argue with that, also sadly a lot of people moaning because their holiday co. had gone bust.

I can’t help but that that all the airline / holidays cos who’ve managed to get their customers to switch their bookings to 2021 are in danger, I mean I don’t know the figures, but how many are going to be running out of cash next year, when they can’t sell the same holiday twice.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Shirt manufacturers will all have gone out of business except for niche artisans making dress shirts for perverts.
    It’s been 15 week since I last wore something that didn’t have a hood.

richmtb

My order from Tweeks might have arrived

trailwagger
    Free Member

I can’t help but that that all the airline / holidays cos who’ve managed to get their customers to switch their bookings to 2021 are in danger, I mean I don’t know the figures, but how many are going to be running out of cash next year, when they can’t sell the same holiday twice.

Easy, they will quadruple prices and use the excuse of high demand to justify it (see also school holidays)

footflaps

My order from Tweeks might have arrived

Who are you kidding!

stevie750

An on one scandal frame will have 50% off and cost £399.

binners

I hate to say it but in the US a 2nd President Trump.

Pretty much nailed on, I reckon. Just had a look at the bookie’s odds and they’re presently 5/4

P-Jay
    Free Member

Easy, they will quadruple prices and use the excuse of high demand to justify it (see also school holidays)

I’ll find out in a few weeks (I think) Easyjet will be releasing June 21 flights in a few weeks (at a guess) I’ll get to find out if the voucher I’ve got is actually worth anything.

The other parts of our hols were just shifted a year, no more to pay.

stevie750

We will all live to serve our 5g overlords

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I hate to say it but in the US a 2nd President Trump

Yup already called that one way back.

I’m afraid his supporters and the gammon’s over here are absolutely thrilled at the prospect of putting #offended #outraged in their place and pissing all over everything they believe in.

frankconway

Both johnson and cummings will be out.
    CV19 vaccine will still be in development.
    Unemployment will be at or above 10%.
    The recent bike and turbo buying frenzy will be unwinding with bargains to be had.
    Car usage and airborne pollution will be above pre-CV19 levels.
    Economic damage resulting from not extending the brexit transition will become clear.
    Brits will still be unwelcome at european holiday destinations.
    Other than that….

Pyro

Panic. Chaos. Disorder.

So, just like this year, then.

crazy-legs

Holidays will only be “available” to those people who can afford / be bothered to complete reams of non-EU paperwork, apply for visas and then realise that their £ now buys approx é0.35

P-Jay
    Free Member

Panic. Chaos. Disorder.

So, just like this year, then.

Two things i’ve heard recently that made me smile.

“Do we think 2020 is Peak Shithouse? I mean, what else can go wrong?”

And

“Lockdown Black Market Haircut, is a great name for a band”.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There will still be threads about whether illegal raves and wild camping are allowed yet under lockdown rules V3.2.5.8.77 (colloquially known as the Barnard Castle Marshmallow Crumpet edition).

The BBC will finally lose the licence fee when a contestant playing Mornington Crescent win’s with an inspired detour to Barnard Castle.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Picnic. Chaos. Disorder.

A trip to Durdle Door.

Kryton57

Everyone will still be arguing on here!

Oh no they won’t….

fatmountain
    Free Member

Thanks Frank. Feeling better already.

Caher

Zombie apocalypse. It’s about time I bought a baseball bat.

frankconway

fat – you did ask; surely no johnson nor cummings would be good?

RustySpanner

Cadburys will reintroduce raisins in the Double Decker.

fatmountain
    Free Member

Frank, it’s hard to imagine, but the Tories seem hellbent on continuing The Longest Successive Run of Most Dismal Prime Ministers in British history.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Predictions for this time next year?’ is closed to new replies.