Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Pratchett casting
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Carrot – Edward Holcroft
    Vimes – Sean Bean
    Sibyl – Miranda Hart (would have been Penelope Keith in her younger years!)
    Moist von Lipwig – David Tennant
    Death – Don Warrington
    Rincewind – Kris Marshall

Whatever he wants to play – Michael Sheen

Go!

Shackleton

Ridcully – Jim Broadbent

Stibbons – Ben Wishaw

Rincewind – Rhys Ifans

Nobby – Mackenzie Crook

Granny Weatherwax – Jean Marsh/Eileen Atkins

Adora-belle Dearheart – Daisy Edgar-Jones

Cougar

Carrot – One of the Hemsworths. Liam?

Vimes – Liam Neeson.

Sibyl – Melissa McCarthy (I’d say Miriam Margolyes but she’s probably knocking on a bit).

Moist von Lipwig – [David Tennant] – I can’t beat that, it’s perfect casting.

Death – Voice by James Earl Jones, physical actor Macenzie Crook.

[Don Warrington] I think you’re getting confused with Death in Paradise.

Rincewind – [Kris Marshall] Again, I’m loving this.

Cougar

Ridcully – Jim Broadbent

Brian Blessed.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ponder Stibbons – Cougar

perchypanther
    Free Member

Nanny Ogg – Miriam Margolyes
    Granny Weatherwax – Sheila Hancock

swanny853

Some good suggestions up there. I’d love to see neeson as vimes. Possibly Daniel Craig- actually, vimes might be an easier one to cast.

I’m not convinced on Jim Broadbent as ridcully- he may just be irredeemably linked to hot fuzz in my mind- but it did make me think that Hugh Bonneville might stretch to it. Wishaw as Stibbons is excellent.

Shackleton

Probably a bit late but Alan Rickman is who I always imagine as Vetinarii.

Nanny Ogg – Miriam Margolyes

Perfect

swanny853

Vetinari is harder than I expected- Ralph fiennes?

Albert- Peter Capaldi

After guardians of the galaxy, I find myself thinking about vin diesel and accompanying cgi team as the librarian…

jekkyl

Gaspod’s voice – Ricky Gervais.

All the wee free men all voiced by Billy Connolly and Frankie Boyle.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I believe that TP had Pete Postlethwaite in mind to be Vimes…

cb

Vimes is Brendan Gleeson all day long. Sean Bean!!!! You’re not ruining my imagination with him!

colp

The luggage – Priti Patel?

mattstreet

Librarian – Andy Serkis

joshvegas
    Free Member

Dearheart and angua i thought they nailed the casting there in going postal.

Pyro

Jim Broadbent as the Bursar…

13thfloormonk

Probably a bit late but Alan Rickman is who I always imagine as Vetinarii

I always thought this too ☹

Any space for Eddie Izzard? One of the wizards, maybe Ponder Stibbons?

I’m struggling with Rincewind, needs to be someone scrawny and weaselly but more morose than Garth Crooks.

Adrian Edmonson as Nobby? Or could Tony Robinson reprise his Baldrick role?

Edit: I feel it really needs to be a Jim Henson production, they could just dust of the Labyrinth sets and turn them in to Ankh Morpork! 😁

MoreCashThanDash

Some joyous mental images in my head of some of these suggestions, would be a great way to introduce people to Pratchetts genius

perchypanther
    Free Member

Rincewind has always been Eric Idle.
    Vimes is Ray Winston, Vetinari is Ben Kingsley.

13thfloormonk

Ha, wife has suggested Russel Crowe, Hugh Jackman or McNulty from the wire as left-field choices for Vimes.

Dare I say it, could Buscemi go comedic enough for Rincewind? Or William H Macy?

Am wary of too many British/BBC types, it go all go horribly ‘family BBC’ bland like Gormenghast did…

Drac

Rincewind has always been Eric Idle

^this.

13thfloormonk

Bill Nighy for Death?

Eric Idle a great choice for Rincewind, I was desperately trying to shoe-horn John Cleese in but it wasn’t working.

MSP

Librarian – Andy Serkis

Andy Serkis is actually a quality actor **** hiding him behind cgi, they ruined black panther when they killed him off. I think he would make a great Vimes, a good guy with proper demons.

MoreCashThanDash

Bill Nighy for Death?

Yes

perchypanther
    Free Member

You can’t have an American or anyone who was in a Harry Potter film, which is a shame because Maggie Smith would have been a perfect Granny Weatherwax

RustySpanner

Willie Rushton as Ridcully (one for the kids there).

My Auntie Rita as Wetherwax. Trust me on this.

Michael Palin – Dibbler.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Willie Rushton as Ridcully

Nailed it.

nickc

or anyone who was in a Harry Potter film

That excludes 90% of British actors

13thfloormonk

You can’t have an American or anyone who was in a Harry Potter film, which is a shame because Maggie Smith would have been a perfect Granny Weatherwax

Yeah… I do agree on both points, but was willing to give some Americans a shot if they could dial down the Hollywood a bit (unless, of course, we’re doing Moving Pictures).

RustySpanner

Toby Jones as Nobby?

I always had Brendan Gleeson as more of a Colon.

gecko76

David Jason played Rincewind in one of the Sky adaptations. They got the wrong Trotter.

13thfloormonk

Vimes is Brendan Gleeson all day long

Sgt Colon surely!

Edit: beaten to it by Rusty Spanner

Although does the Harry Potter caveat rule out Brendan Gleeson? Would be a shame…

And since we’re in ‘In Bruges’ territory, could Colin Farrell fit a role? He played a suitably rat-like character in that movie about the escaped POWs crossing Tibet. Can’t fit him in though, he’d have to be a good looking Nobby Nobs or maybe a more obscure character like Pteppic the Assassin…

13thfloormonk

Hmm… just a thought, could Rowan Atkinson do Vetinari? He can do the precise meticulous mannerisms quite well, can certainly do a look of constant, weary distaste, and as we all know can be extremely cunning…

MoreCashThanDash

Rowan Atkinson do Vetinari

That might work. I liked the idea of Alan Rickman playing him – apart from the obvious flaw in the plan – but a bit worried he’d just come across as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Prince of Thieves again. Though he was the only highlight in that shower of shite.

Pyro

Charles Dance as Vetinari. They got it right in Going Postal…

alanw2007

Dwayne Johnson as Detritus

willard

Russel Crowe for Vimes would work. In The Nice Guys he showed what he can do for range and I think he could put across the world weariness of Sam Vimes well.

Steve Rogers (he of Captain America) could do Carrot… As long as he could do the accent and the innocence.

Cougar

Rincewind has always been Eric Idle

Eric Idle has been Rincewind. He voiced the character in (at least?) one of the Discworld video games.

Ponder Stibbons – Cougar

More like Bloody Stupid Johnson.

joshvegas
    Free Member

They guy who played the demon headmaster should play vetinari.

MSP

Vetinari, is an assassin and a tyrant (although often benevolent in his tyranny), his disguise is that of bureaucrat, and everyone knows it. Having him speak gently to you should be terrifying, if he agrees with something you said alarms bells should be ringing. He isn’t **** Mr Bean!

To create the right mix of sinister, intelligence, ruthless yet caring for the society he has created, it has to be a Daniel Day-Lewis!

It has to be someone you could imagine moving efficiently down a dark passage full of booby traps, knowing exactly where to step, where to pivot, spin or duck, and not end it with a prat fall.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Pratchett casting’ is closed to new replies.