Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Praise for four4th lights – Rameses! (colossus! 😆) )
  • big_scot_nanny

Apologies for Moloko reference, but whenever I hear “Rameses” my mind says “Colossus!”

After selling some bits and bobs, seems I had enough cash for some good lights. I know exposure are the mut’s nuts, but I just can’t bring myself to spend that much on a set of lights, and I’ve always been a bit underwhelmed by my Diablo mk7 on the helmet (the last ‘good’ light I bought). The diablo did clarify that I like all in one units, and that paying for quality does mean you get something that lasts.

So, thanks mostly to various bits and bobs on this forum, I gravitated to Four4th.

Bought a Scorch for the helmet a couple of weeks ago, really like it. Small, light, very effective. So finally splashed out on a Rameses, with green LEDs.

A truly superb combo. Their fitting and fixture is very effective, the all in one nature fantastic (and I like that I can just replace or add batteries in the future), simple to use (no clicking through flashing!). but of course, the most important thing is the ride.

Of course the light from the combo is phenomenal, but there is something about the green LEDs that make it significantly better than a borrowed MaxD or magic shine. The lights really just get out of the way and let you ride.

lovely!

montylikesbeer

Great too hear. I got a scorch a few weeks ago and think it’s the second coming.

A bar light from them will be my next purchase

Enjoy your night riding, happy trails

stumpy01

Looks good. Green LEDs? Not heard these used before on bike lights.

How green are we talking?

big_scot_nanny

here’s the chat from the four4th website, they are definitely on to something:

WE’VE SPENT ALL YEAR TESTING OVER 150 LEDS AND HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO HAVE THIS GREEN LED SPECIALLY MADE FOR US.

Why Green?

Many riders were commenting on how high powered white LED lights were reflecting light back to them in some conditions. They were also noticing the flattening effect on the terrain they were riding over that white light tends to cause. Green LEDs give a much more natural light both at night and in dusk conditions, and they lend height and definition over the trail. Green LEDS are also the preferred choice of the FOUR4TH team.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Green LEDs sound interesting!.

My diablo is going on eBay this weekend, going for a scorch once they come back in stock.

big_scot_nanny

I should mention, to all intents and purposes they look white. as a standalone light when you turnout on, it just looks white. But it is different on the trails, a subtly different colour to the scorch.

stevie750

15% of with BLACKFRIDAY15

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Big Scot, how does the scorch compare to your diablo? Beam pattern etc?.

goby

Be great if you could put some photos up of the beams of each light.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Agreed!

big_scot_nanny

Jeez oh, d’yous all want jam on it too?

I’ll see what I can do!

goby

Ah many thanks, that would be great! @big_scot_nanny👍

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Yup, I’ve been riding Four4th green LEDs for three years. Very good!

breadcrumb

Apologies for Moloko reference, but whenever I hear “Rameses” my mind says “Colossus!”

Yup, me too!

sheck

Random question for Four4th owners… do any of you know if it’s possible to use the smaller battery from their Scorpion rear light on their Scorch helmet light? Appreciate run times would be reduced

appltn

Now that the schools are closed I think my only available riding time will be at night so I’m looking at this exact combo.

I was wondering how the green rameses works with the white scorch, do you notice the difference in colour between the two when you’re using them together?

big_scot_nanny

yes – the scorch seems almost pink in comparison. the contrast between the 2 actually works very well.

A few weeks in now, lots of riding using both, find them very good indeed.

There are 2 things I would change:
    1) The on/off and low/high ‘touch the lens’ on the Scorch is not ideal. it works, but a button would be a lot easier
    2) The white lens caps/protusions on the Rameses are quite noticeable and a bit distracting. I’ve wrapped them in black tape which (very fiddly!) but has helped

appltn

yes – the scorch seems almost pink in comparison. the contrast between the 2 actually works very well.

That’s good to know, I had a feeling it’d be offputting to have two different colour lights at the same time.

wildfires3

I have the OMG and Holy Moses Combo and it is really good! Used very regularly and the quality is well above cheaper lights.

My only issues are self inflicted. I crashed and broke the Gravity mount when the bars spun around and sheared off the battery mount. Then I totalled it again 3 weeks later putting the bike in the car, because I was being lazy and didn’t take the battery pack off.

Both times the guys got me a bracket out quickly.

stevemorg2

I’ve had great service from Four4ths – I agree with big_scot_nanny re. a switch but now I’ve sussed it out it works OK and I prefer it to the Joystick it replaced.

sillysilly
    Free Member

Just got the Scorch – seems really nice, arrived super quick. Will post a proper report once I’ve had a chance to ride it side by side with the old Halfords special.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Praise for four4th lights – Rameses! (colossus! 😆) )’ is closed to new replies.