• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • power2max – anyone running one?
  • Yak

My wife needs a new mtb power meter and crankset to fit BSA threaded and then eventually onto BB92.
    So 24mm spindle, no dub or 30mm stuff. SRM are really expensive, so thinking about power2max on shimano cranks, or maybe on rotor rex3 cranks.

Any experiences good/bad of power2max NG or NGECO please?

Yak

Bump for the lunch-break power monsters….

c_klein87

have two, first i bought new and is 6 years old, never had an issue with it, on rotor crank, battery is a pain to change

got a second hand ngeco, seems as reliable, and battery is easier to change, no right/left balance.

seems really good kit, few friends have them and never had issues

ac282

I’ve got a NGeco that I got 2nd hand from a mate 2 years ago. There were a lot of data dropouts at first (I was connecting using ANT+ and he’d always used bluetooth) but since I updated the firmware it has been fine.

Yak

Cheers – sounds good. She is coming from a quarq that was faultless so good to hear that reliability is good.
    On the NGecos – how’s battery cover? Submersible levels of waterproofing?

convert

Had 2 on road bikes for years (early version – no idea about model names now) on Rotor cranks. Always been reliable.

DanW
    Free Member

I have run a NGeco on my one and only MTB which has been faultless in 2+ years in all weathers/ been hosed down/ etc. The battery cover isn’t a worry or issue

Yak

Thanks all.

beej

I’ve got one that’s maybe 5 years old and one that I recently sold – that was about 3 years old and was on the winter bike. Both Type S I think.

Both completely faultless, I’d definitely recommend them based on my experience. Auto calibration too (unlike my Quarq).

branes

I’ve had a Shimano NGECO 6 months or so – been fine. Battery cover has been ok, although does have a little rip in it already, and the fact that they sell spares doesn’t bode well.

Haze

Also a NGEco for about 6 months…it’s been solid

zntrx
    Free Member

I’ve had an FSA Powerbox (rebadged NGEco) on my BB30 road bike for 2 years now. Been faultless so far.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Got a pre-type S version 6 years ago. Still great. No problem at all as long as Renata batteries are used. Have recommended to others and they’ve been pleased too.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

My type-s has survived years on a cx race bike. Has been crashed a bazillion times, pressure washed repeatedly and subjected to all kinds of other abuse. It’s also done thousands of road miles in all weather including when the roads have been salted.
    Have to change the battery about twice a year max.
    Pretty thorough field test I’d say.

i_like_food

Yup, mine is bomb proof. I’ve had pretty much every type of power meter going and the p2m is the best IMO.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

It’s one of the PM’s that Shane Millar (GPLama on YouTube) uses as his baseline along with the Assioma pedals when testing other powermeters, so that should be a good indication of how accurate and reliable it’s considered.

#Edit : Oh and I’ve had an NGEco on a set of Rotor Aldhu cranks on the road bike for a couple of years now, it hasn’t missed a beat at all… not even through an apocalyptically wet Bealach Mor sportive in 2019.

Yak

Good stuff – liking the positive long-term use going on here.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘power2max – anyone running one?’ is closed to new replies.