Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Power meters for MTB
  • ritchieroo
    Free Member

Hello,
    I entered Mountain Mayhem 2020 and looking to get a power meter for training on my Canyon Spectral (gxp DUB BB)
    Any recommendations?
    I have had a Stages gen 2 power meter before (SRAM XX1) but returned it due to excess battery drain.

cheers!!

footflaps

A LH crank arm strain guage power meter would be the easiest solution….

Yak

This is a buy cheap, return a lot and buy again area. Having done all that, Mrs Yak who loves winter mtb training has been on a sram eagle crank with the quark power meter in the spider. This has been reliable for over a year so far, with only some military stuff interfering with the data to the head unit occasionally.

djflexure

4iii has been fine for me and economical – not put massive miles on it yet though

kynasf
    Free Member

I have the Rotor 2inpower on mine. Bought it as I’ve had one on my road bike for 3 years and it’s been excellent. Plus points for me are: no calibration needed before a ride, very reliable data (no spikes or drops to fix in software) and a stiff/light crank. I’ve used q rings for years, so that was another reason for me.

ritchieroo
    Free Member

Thanks, was avoiding the LH strain gauge type as I had to return several in the past, so not much confidence in these. Probably the SRAM XX1 spider based one looks like the best bet.

bettyswollocks
    Free Member

+1 for Rotor PM’s.
    I’ve got a SRAM/Quarq on my winter steed and a Rotor REX INpower on my summer/race bike and by far and away prefer the Rotor PM. Never missed a beat in all the time I’ve had it whereas I’ve had a couple of annoying, niggly issues with the Quarq. If I was going to buy again I’d go straight for another Rotor one.

kneed

Does anyone use an Avio power meter with a SLX / XT / XTR setup? Or is this one of the cheaper options that ‘gets returned’.

Also : has anyone done a DIY install of one or is it better to buy pre-installed?

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m also interested in the avio ones… though for cx use not mtb.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Power meters for MTB’ is closed to new replies.