Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • PoundWorld: Will I Die?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve learned this discount chain will open its first branch in the sarf near me in Havant. Should I look forward to it or keep well clear?

zilog6128

If it’s similar to Poundland it’ll be way too busy for my liking – rammed full of people who think they’re getting a good deal (but actually aren’t)! I steer clear personally.

binners

Get your tracky bottoms on, the missus is fine to stay in her PJ’s, and just put her Uggs on, then off you pop. Its traditional to be eating a Greggs pasty as you slouch around the place though. Ettiquette.

Enjoy…..

johndoh
    Free Member

rammed full of people who think they’re getting a good deal (but actually aren’t)

Often this – things like handsoap for £1 that can be had at a supermarket for 95p 99% of the time.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Just wondering; will we southerners get less for our £? Will there be southern specific multipacks with only three items rather than the expected four oop north?

muggomagic

As it’s in Havant the whole tracky bottoms and PJs thing shouldn’t be an issue.

Oh and don’t forget to be a complete wag and ask the assistants “how much is this mate?”

Lifer
    Free Member

johndoh – Member
    things like handsoap for £1 that can be had at a supermarket for 95p 99% of the time.

Or same price but slightly smaller sized bottles as well, also weird sweets that at first glance are big brands ‘Habiro’ was one of my favourites in the pound shop near me.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Depressing I know, but it’s only a matter of time before someone is nicked for shoplifting from it.

The Meridian Centre, Havant: Don’t forget to wipe your feet as you leave…

binners

Is it an exchange programme? I do hope we’ll be getting a Waitrose in return?

jekkyl

favourite sport is wolf jacket (or similar animal) spotting.
    Just keep the wife clear of the place otherwise she’ll end up coming back with all manner of tat ‘but it was just a pound’

muggomagic

binners – Member
    Is it an exchange programme? I do hope we’ll be getting a Waitrose in return?

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Unfortunately Recipease has been selected for relocation.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I kid you not; Havant is such a dive the council made the deserted shops look occupied by filling the windows with posters which give the impression of a fully-open shop.

binners

If you’re lucky, you’ll soon have all manner of northern-exported, pound-based lovliness, like….

For those moments when Greggs seems a bit… you know… upmarket

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Did anybody ever see the extensive range of ‘hoaxley’ sunglasses they had in pound land not so long ago?

jools182
    Free Member

bargain booze will be next

it’s the beginning of the end

get your house on the market

muggomagic

I get a trip to Havant once a week through work. I know what you’re thinking, lucky bugger, but it really isn’t as glamorous as it sounds.

bearnecessities

You laugh. I went in there only yesterday and picked up a large bottle of head & shoulders for a pound. Admittedly it was all in Russian but who cares? For how short my hair is, it would last me a year!

This morning it just squirted out a large blob of conditioner.

Cock.

MoreCashThanDash

You put Russian conditioner on your cock?

johndoh
    Free Member

Cock.
    Cock conditioner?

bearnecessities

You put Russian conditioner on your cock?

In my defence, I couldn’t understand the instructions!

jekkyl

your what squirted out what? in the shower you say? disgusting!

bigtimebones
    Free Member
    retro83
    Free Member

ohnohesback – Member

It might have been worse…

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/gosport-man-s-1-000-payout-after-claim-he-was-burnt-by-99p-store-body-wash-1-5044639

He says he took it home and used it while showering – but afterwards noticed he had burns to skin in his crotch area.

😆

CountZero

jekkyl – Member
    favourite sport is wolf jacket (or similar animal) spotting.

There’s a market stall just down the road from our Poundland that sells those, among other crappy illustrations and logos. 😛
    I occasionally go in, but Wilkos has equally good prices, and proper sizes, too. Their Piraton analogue (Citrezine Hydrocloride) hayfever tablets are great, not quite as cheap as online, but nice and handy, same with their Ibuprofen.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Remember to ask the price!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCklKO1_jPs[/video]

cookeaa

Will there be southern specific multipacks with only three items rather than the expected four oop north?

What? Foie gras, Quale’s eggs and Chateau Margaux 2009?

That’s what we all have down here if they can do it for £1 good luck to them I say…

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Depressing I know, but it’s only a matter of time before someone is nicked for shoplifting from it.

I once witnessed a Rumanian woman and her kids shoplifting from the poundshop in Leicester, they must have gone in and out three times. Desperate.

spud-face

You used to be able to get a big bag of Shrimps&Bananas in Poundland. Back in the good old days. Massive bags they were.
    I like to have a schadenfreudey flick through their CD collection to see which bands have reached the bottom of the credibility barrel (hah! **** you Hard-fi!)

molgrips
    Free Member

PoundWorld: Will I Die?

Of shame, yes.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

But now the CDs have been ‘pre-owned’.

I remember when you could get a pack of ten lighters for a pound…

robdob
    Free Member

Pound shops and their ilk are like Harrods compared to the retail choices in Withernsea in East Yorkshire.
    The indoor market is the only place I have witnessed someone selling second hand toothbrushes.

I still shudder when I think of the place.

robdob
    Free Member

You laugh. I went in there only yesterday and picked up a large bottle of head & shoulders for a pound. Admittedly it was all in Russian but who cares? For how short my hair is, it would last me a year!
    Cock.

LOL!
    Funniest thing I’ve read today!!

northernmatt

If you’re lucky, you’ll soon have all manner of northern-exported, pound-based lovliness, like….

For those moments when Greggs seems a bit… you know… upmarket

If you think that’s bad you should see the Greggs Outlet on Frederick St in South Shields. 2 Steak Bakes for 75p.

robdob
    Free Member

2 STEAK BAKES FOR 75P????

:runs to the car and sets sat nav for South Shields:

birdage

Is it like the difference between Disney Land and Disney World whatever that is?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘PoundWorld: Will I Die?’ is closed to new replies.