Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Postman Pat – Special Delivery Service
  • northshoreniall

Has he always been this rubbish? Have 13 months old who is quite taken with it, I don’t ever remember watching it as a child (normal delivery service in my time, not special)
    Without fail he messes up deliveries, let’s animals escape he’s meant to be in charge of, and just now been given an award for being a great postie!
    Is it meant to be a commentary on parcel force? I really don’t want son thinking this is the standard to expect.
    Maybe I’m overthinking it? 🤔

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh we put on Thomas the tank engine the other day thinking thats a safe bet as reasonably educational yet entertaining

The new one has flying trains doing jumps over bridges and all other such nonsense.

I then stuck the original series on on YouTube…… she enjoyed it.

Same with fireman Sam …..the new version of fire man Sam looks like it was made by some.graphics students on some off brand 3d software. And while the original plot lines were predictable the new ones border on thought up while high on acid.

northshoreniall

Glad to see it’s not just me. Good idea, think he needs the originals on YouTube.
    I’ll not expose him to Bosco or Wanderly Wagon (Google them to see how odd these were – Father Jack as a baddie is regular in wanderly wagon) that we endured in Ireland growing p, that would be another form of torture for him.

funkmasterp

Pat is horrendous in his latest guise. The originals are very chilled. Thomas the Tank Engine is awful in all its forms. An island of sentient trains that operates a caste system that resulted in one (sentient) train being bricked up alive in a disused tunnel. WTF is that teaching my kids?

bob_summers

Original series were great, set apparently in Longsleddale, always loved that stop motion vibe like Paddington, Wombles etc.
    Not sure how they got away with pitching a children’s program about a middle aged postie delivering the mail to mostly adults. Kids barely feature.
    Later series have more kids and the give Pat a younger voice but they were rubbish by then.

MoreCashThanDash

The original was better but did gloss over the fact that Greendale had a very high proportion of kids with ginger hair….🤔

trail_rat
    Free Member

Modern versions seem to just hype the kids up. As above the older ones seem more chilled

tewit
    Free Member

Modern versions seem to just hype the kids up. As above the older ones seem more chilled

Agreed. On a similar note, yesterday on 6 musics Rad Mac show, they were talking to Matt Berry and played his cover of the Rainbow theme song. Quite psychedelic😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

I was a Charlie chalk and Bertha kid.

Not quite old enough for rainbow.

Occasionally if I woke early enough I’d get Jason and the Argonauts and Huw Pugh Barney McGrew Cuthbert dibble and grub reruns haha

Tugs was another one we revisited lately with jnr. how they got away with that…..

thegreatape
    Free Member

one (sentient) train being bricked up alive in a disused tunnel

That was entirely his own fault for having a bad attitude.

docgeoffyjones

I love the episode where he steals all the money out of birthday cards and drop kick delivers any parcels marked fragile.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I think that is Hermes Driver Harry

bruneep

pure filth

DickBarton

Octonauts is what you need…

pondo

I thought the thread was going to be about this:

northshoreniall

Octonauts are quite good actually seen them.
    Love the rally pat, he’d quite enjoy that.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

2nd Octonauts, quality childrens edutainment. 🙂

Give this a look for a more traditional, Postman Pat type vibe.. My boys and I watched a lot of this when they were that age..

Little Red Tractor

anagallis_arvensis

set apparently in Longsleddale

I thought that was Withnail and I

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Octonauts set my daughter off on her quest to become a marine biologist!

The Post Office need to have a look at their pricing model really as I can’t seem them making any profit on delivering Mrs Miggins birthday cake via a helicopter…

devash
    Free Member

I was obsessed with the originals as a toddler in the mid-80s. Just getting my own 2 year old into them now and he is utterly fascinated. They really don’t make relaxing, chilled younger kids TV like this nowadays. It’s all crazy characters and explosions. Postman Pat is literally about a middle aged bloke delivering the mail in a sparsly populated area of what appears to be the Lakes / Yorkshire Dales. So relaxing.

scamperjenkins
    Free Member

Postman Pat Special Delivery makes the spitting image Temporary Postman Pat look organised and professional.

As for Fireman Sam anyone noticed him bc and naughty Norman are both ginger……

kelvin

Temporary Postman Pratt.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Postman Pat – Special Delivery Service’ is closed to new replies.