Home Forums Bike Forum Posting wheels within England

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posting wheels within England
  • dsb181
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I have a wheel set I need to post from Oxford to Norfolk, any recommendations on a company to post with as I’m guessing rocking up to the post office with the box will cost me a fortune.
    Thanks

MrNero50
    Free Member

Always found MyHermes to be good value compared to Parcelforce.

Jamie
    Free Member

Last pair of wheels I posted, 700c CX Wheels in a proper wheel box, cost about £10-ish with insurance using http://www.ipostparcels.com/

Just keep to the size guidelines, tho.

kayak23

Yeah, just this week I used MyHermes to post a wheel set. About £7.50 with insurance to cover the value if I recall.

dsb181
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks guys!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Yeah, just this week I used MyHermes to post a wheel set. About £7.50 with insurance to cover the value if I recall.

Or for £11 you could just rock up at the Post Office and send it via parcelforce.
    My Hermes are cheaper but their drivers have to cut corners to make a living and don’t exactly treat your parcel with respect.
    They did manage to break the screen of the missus’s new phone trying to stuff it through the letter box. If they’d just rung the bell they could have given it to her…

rob1984p
    Free Member

I’ve been really happy with Citylink and have been using them regularly for the last 18 months for larger items; they are cheaper through Parcel2go than if you go direct.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Or for £11 you could just rock up at the Post Office and send it via parcelforce.

I’d be slightly wary about doing that. When I needed to post a pair of wheels recently, I paid for Parcelforce postage online and printed out the labels myself, then took the parcel down to my local post office, where they refused to take it because it wouldn’t fit through their hatch for receiving parcels.

I had to drive to the nearest Parcelforce depot to get them to take it.

federalski
    Free Member

StefMcDef – Member
    I’d be slightly wary about doing that. When I needed to post a pair of wheels recently, I paid for Parcelforce postage online and printed out the labels myself, then took the parcel down to my local post office, where they refused to take it because it wouldn’t fit through their hatch for receiving parcels.

I had to drive to the nearest Parcelforce depot to get them to take it.

I did the same thing, seems that the Post Office cannot accept prepaid Parcelforce parcels, they can however accept it when it is being paid for at the time and send them through Parcelforce…

Thats what the wee nippy sweety at my local P O told me anyway. I’m not certain if I believe her not though, she’s a wee hitler.

boxfish
    Free Member

I’ve posted wheels via Parcelfarce at the Post Office…the box was indeed too large to fit through the hatch. Fortunately, they were clever enough to use a door handle, thus creating a large enough gap to pass the parcel.

appy
    Free Member

go on parcel2go and pick which one suits, Im sending a set tomorrow for £6.35 ish plus vat next day delivery and collected from my house.

pacef8
    Free Member

Any idea of how much a whole bike in a box is then, Wirral to Dumfries?. Thanks

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I did the same thing, seems that the Post Office cannot accept prepaid Parcelforce parcels, they can however accept it when it is being paid for at the time and send them through Parcelforce…

Thats what the wee nippy sweety at my local P O told me anyway. I’m not certain if I believe her not though, she’s a wee hitler.

they’re generally OK about pre-paid parcelforce postage at my local PO. I tend to print postage at home just in case I can avail myself of any cashback discounts before clicking through to parcelforce. It was the fact that the box was too big to fit through their hatch that elicited the “computer says no” response.

Felt like saying, well, do you climb through the hatch to get to work every morning, or is there a door somewhere that you can open?

Jamie
    Free Member

Any idea of how much a whole bike in a box is then, Wirral to Dumfries?. Thanks

http://www.paisleyfreight.com/bike-delivery.php

…but be aware:

* We do not provide insurance cover for these items except for total loss in transit cover.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Posting wheels within England’ is closed to new replies.