Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posting out frames, wheels etc. Who do people use?
  • PolisherMan

As above, just about to put some old school 26″ stuff up. is it best just go to the local Post Office or do couriers collect?

PJay
    Free Member

I had surprisingly good service from Parcel Force recently when I posted a frame. I think that it cost about £15 and I dropped the package off at the local Post Office. Most couriers will do a home collection though.

alpineharry
    Free Member

It’s worth looking on Parcel2go, it’s a comparison site and generally what I tend to use for bigger items. They have parcel force options on there.

Or worth doing what Pjay said, I think you can get a quote on the RM website.

tdog
    Free Member

Last time I used Parce Force or DPD as ParcelMonkey the comparison site has upped it’s prices by some chunk.

it’s astonishing why anyone would choose them over going to PO tbh. But with PO, they’re specific requirements so read up!

otherwise you might find that it does cost a lot.

kerley
    Free Member

Have used Parcel Force for years and sold 100’s of things.  I don’t really care what it costs as I don’t pay it (sell everything on eBay and charge the amount it costs for Parcel force)

I find it a lot easier to just drop of at post office on way to/from work that having to wait in for a person to come and pick it up,

P-Jay
    Free Member

Another vote for the PO, I once had to send a frame to Siberia (don’t ask) various couriers messed me about, P.O. sorted it in minutes, even if it did cost me a bloody fortune. 🙁

For slightly less arseaching stuff they might cost a few quid more than Parcel Monkey etc, but they’re quicker and easier.

facian
    Free Member

Parcel force offer options now for depot drop-off, Post Office drop-off and even home collection. (couple of quid difference between each option when i posted a frame with them).

velocipede
    Free Member

PO for most things but frames/wheels/bikes I always use Paisley freight as they seem the cheapest option & I’ve never had a any trouble with them…..

Daffy

Yeah, Parcelforce via  ParcelMonkey or ParceltoGo.  The onus is on YOU to pack it correctly, the couriers are much of a muchness when it comes to shipping and handling, but I tend to ship with a 24h service…the less time it’s in the hands of the courier the better IME.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Posting out frames, wheels etc. Who do people use?’ is closed to new replies.