Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posting a Wheel – Expensive?
  • shooterman

I’m clearing out the garage and selling parts no which are longer needed. I have a couple of 26″ wheels I was thinking of putting up on Ebay.

Slightly inhibited about the potential cost of posting wheels though. They are inevitably going to be in a large box. Just wondering if anyone has posted a wheel before and if they managed to get it sent Royal Mail?

4ags4
    Free Member

Use Interparcel, Parcel2go, Parcelmonkey etc,etc to get some prices.
    As long as you have a decent box it is never that difficult.
    It will be cheaper than you think.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Parcel monkey cost me 7.99 last time i think for parcelforce 48 drop off.

Dead easy.

It was an alfine 11 so about 3 wherls worth of weight.

spooky_b329

Probably about £6 with My Hermes. Once you get over 120cm in length / 240cm in girth the price starts to go up.

shooterman

Thanks to all. I think I will go ahead and get them listed.

stevextc
    Free Member

What are you listing in 26″ ??
    Looking for a rugged/tubeless shimano hub 12×142

shooterman

PM’d you. @stevextc

gribble
    Free Member

I recently posted a wheelset to an ebay buyer. I think I charged them £7.90 for postage and it came in at maybe £10. Anyway, I went for a big box to make sure they were well padded and lobbed in some spare tyres too, to act as cushioning. Went Hermes as they offered the largest total dimension size that I could see from my limited research.

Good time to be getting rid of stuff; seems there are a lot of people looking to repair/upgrade bikes at the moment and I am pleased people can use the parts I don’t need, but still work fine. Better than it going to landfill.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

ups tends to be reasonable and reliable, or hermes are the cheaper option

Phil_H

Last time I sent one in a well padded box with parcel force 48h it was around the £12 mark.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Posting a Wheel – Expensive?’ is closed to new replies.