Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 233 total)
  • Post a random fact about yourself – a bit of fun thread
  • Marin
    Free Member

Always wanted a blue snorkel parka. I had a brown pass me down anorak. Very jealous.

chewkw
    Free Member

Post a random fact about yourself – a bit of fun thread

Told my mum I was smoking cigarette since 17 with my friends whenever we went out for party. Then told her I could drink 5 pints at the Uni. She was not amused.

anagallis_arvensis

My sons great grandma was in Great Expectations with Obi Wan Kenobi.

I once got lost cycle touring in Slovenia and spent the night in a nudist camp in Austria

metalheart
    Free Member

My one tv appearance was the back of me playing ‘space invaders’ at the Other Record Shop in Aberdeen (when I should’ve been at school) when I was a fifteen yo punker. They interviewed me. They were getting quite excited that I could string a sentence together. They were less impressed when I finished it off with ‘and you can just shoot the f****rs…’. Did I mention I was a 15 yo punker?

I have met (and shaken hands with) Steve Albini.

I’ve sold t-shirts for Dinosaur Jr, Mudhoney and Sonic Youth (I even got paid!).

My father was in military intelligence and ‘spied’ on Russian communications in the 50’s (in Berlin no less) and he claimed to have been stopped and taken off a train by the KGB…

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I once mugged the king of Sweden.

On the same night I sold M&M’s for £5 each claiming they were “E’s” (Turn the M&M round 90′ and the M becomes an E).

All money was given to charity.

devash
    Free Member

I am in the opening shot of the movie The Gathering starring Christina Ricci.

MrOvershoot

Marin

I’ve had lunch with ex King Juan Carlos of Spain. Worked on Rudy Giuliani’s superyacht. Used to set up parties in the dungeons of Windsor Castle and once recited the English Football Teams names to convince a paramilitary I wasn’t American so he wouldn’t shoot me in the head.

TBH Gregg thats just the dull bits about you!

Houns

I once clicked on the double arrows and it actually took me to the last page of the thread

Kryton57

I unwittingly worked on a key system military system which was then show on TV to my surprise and in an obvious way which you’d all recognise during the gulf war.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I once clicked on the double arrows and it actually took me to the last page of the thread

No way. I call BS on this.

Marin
    Free Member

The men with guns were Guatemala, no where near as scary as some of the people you meet in a functioning castle.

itsjohn
    Free Member

I play the trumpet and guitar

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Used to ride trials as a kid. Once tried to ride along a log in Junior Kickstart with hilarious consequences

downshep

I’m over 50 and still have a baby tooth*.

*In me gub, not a jar.

dudeofdoom

Always wanted a blue snorkel parka. I had a brown pass me down anorak. Very jealous.

I had a blue Mark Anthony and a purple Chopper and Steve Austin’s medical pod.

I’m also more upbeat than my username would indicate in real life.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Was it Harry the Spider??

No it was Harry’s barking spider.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Oh, and I’m Peter Purves’ love child

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m related to royalty.

maccruiskeen

I play the trumpet and guitar

maccruiskeen

I had one of my teeth kicked out during a game of monopoly.

slowoldman

On the same day we’ve had adjusting one’s oboe as a new euphemism.

Oy, I heard that.

I once had lunch with Clive Dunn and his wife in their flat in Putney.

Scapegoat

I once tricked my way into Siri’s house and stored a large amount of fuel in his attic.

Scapegoat

Actually, when I say once, I actually did it on three consecutive nights.

reluctantjumper

I once entered a local kart event with a friend. I finished third, beating a young boy that was meant to be a big deal. This boy was asking around who I was as he couldn’t get past me and I was pulling away by the end of the race. That boy’s name was Jenson Button. It was enough for one of the smaller teams to offer me a seat for the next 3 events, all local and a week apart.

So in my head I’m faster than a F1 World Champion. Reality is I had just had a lucky event weekend (weekend is heats then a final or two) as over the next few events I got my arse whooped by everyone. Gave up after that.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I once had sweet whoopee with a cast member from Corrie.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was once interviewed on television.

By Edwina Currie.

Dickyboy

During my blue mohawk phase I had lunch with Lord Callaghan and about a month later got told to “Drive on Mr T” by an army officer manning a road block in Zambia.

onewheelgood

I’ve been unicycling on the Quantocks with the guy who made the mashed potato for Bodger and Badger.

sadexpunk

i was delivered by test-tube baby pioneering gynaecologist Patrick Steptoe in Oldham hospital. and no, im not.

colp

UB40 stole my cheese knife set

colp

Piers Morgan came to our house when I was a teenager
    I failed to kill him

gallowayboy

I once convinced a fellow countryside ranger that the moorhen was also known as the Jesus bird because of its ability to walk on water. For several years he would inocently amaze school and college groups with this load of guff…

SaxonRider

I was in a film with Christian Slater and Marissa Tomei.

The current Prime Minister of Canada and I were at school together.

Sanny
    Free Member

I once had a sandwich made for me by Anthrax (the band, not the virus!) They all looked a bit grubby and dishevelled but it tasted really good.

I met Steve Coogan and James Lance while riding up Walna Scar. Steve Coogan was chipper and said encouragingly that it wasn’t far to go. I replied that both he and I knew that that wasn’t true!

maccruiskeen

I’ve been accidentally locked in to Winson Green Prison, Rainhill Mental Hospital and Manchester Terminal 2.

takisawa2

I rollerblade.
    There you go.
    I said it.
    It’s out there.
    I rollerblade & I bloody well love it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

We have a winner:

I’ve been unicycling on the Quantocks with the guy who made the mashed potato for Bodger and Badger.

I rollerblade & I bloody well love it.

I used to run an inline skate mag. Just before the YoYo mag.

offcumden
    Free Member

As a baby, I was patted on the head by the kindly old gentleman from the Railway Children film.

When I was around 13 or 14 I sat with Sir Dickie Attenborough in the rear of his chauffeur driven Rolls Royce. Where we discussed football for about ten minutes and I made him laugh with my impression of him in 10 Rillington Place. He was honestly one of the nicest chaps I’ve ever met.

matt_outandabout

I have puked on Cliff Richard.

matt_outandabout

Oh, and I am the Indian national stone skimming champion.*
    *I am the only Indian birth certificate waving entry to the world champs, but I am having that one.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 233 total)

The topic ‘Post a random fact about yourself – a bit of fun thread’ is closed to new replies.