Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Positive spin on tory win…?
  • karlsbug
    Free Member

1. Hopefully, Paul O’Grady will take Tony Robinson and Russell Brand to Venice as well.

Garry_Lager

If the EU referendum materialises it will be an international cnt circus that will tear the party apart.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Boris takes over before the next election.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

A lot of dystopian novels won’t need to be rewritten.

munrobiker
    Free Member

What’s so bad about Tony Robinson?

camo16
    Free Member

gonefishin
    Free Member

Neither UKIP not the SNP hold the balance of power (although I predict many tedious conversations about another bloody referendum!), we will get to see just how much influence the Lib Dems really had in stemming the excesses of the last government.

Oh and the massive irony of Scotland stemming a swing to Labour in England!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Greens did well.

Stoner
    Free Member

Greens only have one seat

camo16
    Free Member

That’s the most interesting aspect for me (although they did get over 5,500 votes in my constituency and came second behind the Dame of Dereliction). The Greens seem to me to be the thinking man/woman’s choice, so is their lack of popularity down to (1) people don’t think they can win, so don’t bother voting for them, or (2) it’s a fear “let’s not let the Tories/Labour etc” in thing?

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s a slow process but the Greens are showing themselves as a valid option rather than a wasted or protest vote. I think we’ll see a few at the next election.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Oh you cad…

5thElefant
    Free Member

The Greens seem to me to be the thinking man/woman’s choice

Genuine 😆

Sancho
    Free Member

People of Morley and Bradford West

I salute you 🙂

binners

Katie Hopkins doesn’t have to move house

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Nope.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Using your Green argument you would have to agree that the sneaky rascists are also a credible party. There should be a test before some people are allowed to vote! UKIP are a rebadged BNP

Stoner
    Free Member

I was surprised Lucas managed to do so well in Brighton in spite of the Town council. No green surge elsewhere though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The problem is, like the Lib Dems of old, or the SNP, their policies really don’t bear scrutiny.

Regardless of the right’s/wrong’s their drug policy isn’t a popular oppinion, notice how it’s barely mentioned now that they’ve got the media exposure they’ve been asking for. And really their sums on the economy/welfare don’t add up. They are still a protest vote to the left. That’s no bad thing, it keeps the main parties in line, if there was no green or SNP then labour could/would lurch to the right to get more votes as they would still be the most left option (ditto but less likely, Tory’s and UKIP).

footflaps

A lot of dystopian novels won’t need to be rewritten.

Well 1984 seems pretty mild compared to how things have turned out!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

They won.

nickjb
    Free Member

No green surge elsewhere though.

huh? By percentage there has been a massive surge. It is just not reflected in the fptp system. As I said it’s a slow process but their are getting a lot more support.

brassneck

Read their manifesto again, and if you work in many major industries you’d be effectively voting to lose your livelihood. All a bit vague (as they all are) but enough warning notes to worry me.

brassneck

huh? By percentage there has been a massive surge. It is just not reflected in the fptp system. As I said it’s a slow process but their are getting a lot more support.

I agree, but I’m re thinking my position on PR, with the vote gained by UKIP.

Mark

The Government have had their majority slashed to very fragile number. That’s really not an endorsement of their current 5 year record and certainly not a mandate to continue on the same track. If the electorate was happy with what they’ve done they’d have increased their majority.

footflaps

Read their manifesto again, and if you work in many major industries you’d be effectively voting to lose your livelihood. All a bit vague (as they all are) but enough warning notes to worry me.

Industry is probably more worried about Britain leaving Europe right now. The Tories are in an even weaker position now then before, so will be much less able to influence the outcome of any Referendum / legislation on the issue.

lunge

The Government have had their majority slashed to very fragile number. That’s really not an endorsement of their current 5 year record and certainly not a mandate to continue on the same track. If the electorate was happy with what they’ve done they’d have increased their majority

Sort of, but given that it was previously a coalition and now it looks like there will be a (albeit very small) Tory majority you could argue that it is an endorsement of the Conservatives.

Markie
    Free Member

The Tories won? Ed and Ed won’t be anywhere near power?

NewRetroTom

BNP votes have gone from 564,331 in 2010 to just 1,667 (with almost all of the seats declared)

irc

We’ll get an EU referendum and settle that once and for all.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Settle? PAH!

At least Farage’s career is over!

Northwind

Mark – Resident Grumpy

The Government have had their majority slashed to very fragile number. That’s really not an endorsement of their current 5 year record and certainly not a mandate to continue on the same track.

Pff, they’ve spent the last 5 years acting like the kings of the universe after being best losers so just imagine what they’re going to be like now.

Sancho
    Free Member

On the positives
    Ed Balls is gone
    Milliband will quit
    as will Clegg
    Farage is not elected.
    Galloway is out.

On the downside the SNP will be non stop trying to get a new referendum. And will start banging on about legitimacy etc etc.

LoCo
    Free Member

He’s the only thing they have though, the rest of them really don’t have the the charisma to do anything, so not sure they’ll be able to replace him easily, which is good.

llama

at least farage didn’t win and will hopefully resign

We’ll get an EU referendum and settle that once and for all.

Suspect this will be a let down for anyone hoping for a straight in out question

camo16
    Free Member

Ish – but won’t he do a Blair now, appearing as if from nowhere just before elections before returning to his cryogenic crypt? We haven’t see the last of the Nige, I wager. 👿

hatter

A Tory majority at least means no Farage in the Cabinet, a slim Tory minority propped up by 6 or so UKIP nutters was my worst case scenario.

That’s pretty much all the positives I can take from the result TBH.

GrahamS

Well five more years of the Tories should help close the poverty gap and increase the national average wage.

(…due to the increased deaths in the poor and elderly)

allthepies
    Free Member

Saves the public purse the moving expenses of shifting Dave out of and Ed into No. 10.

avdave2

I rather think of them as the the choice of those who think they can think but can’t, those who can actually think think that they have some very ill thought out ideas. 🙂

So the question is, if the Labour party had managed to choose the right Milliband would they be forming a Government today?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Positive spin on tory win…?’ is closed to new replies.