Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Porsche 919 Tribute at the ‘ring
  • P20

I never really appreciated the speed of the LMP1 cars. Then Porsche set the lap record at Spa beating Lewis F1 lap time. At Le Mans they seemed ridiculously fats when overtaking the lower classes. This however is another level. Yes it’s not a series compliant car, but it’s bloody impressive.

bikebouy
    Free Member

👍🎡

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’m tired just watching that …. putting aside the sheer skill, physically and mentally the people who drive at those speeds are elite.

I wonder when we, the human being, will be the limiting factor in how fast a car can go around a track ?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

We’ll see after they run the Robocar at Goodwood FOS and try to win.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Hmmm …. Does taking risks compute ??

Will the robot lose grip and slow down to regain it….  rather than the driver who doesn’t slow but kinda knows/thinks or perhaps more importantly HOPES  the grip will come at x point ?

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow 😳 good job the track was closed, can you imagine being passed by that in your Civic R 😂

P20

The robocar has no interest to me to be honest. Definitely lacks something. Would you prefer to watch a laptop in control or Mcrae or Senna?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hmmm …. Does taking risks compute ??

Will the robot lose grip and slow down to regain it….  rather than the driver who doesn’t slow but kinda knows/thinks or perhaps more importantly HOPES  the grip will come at x point ?

Be good to see, it actually really interests me as a concept more down to the bit where you start to prove more and more the driver is the liability not the saviour.

slowoldman

There should be a Nordschleife 24 hours.

sharkbait
    Free Member

For a 2 litre v4 that 919 is simply amazing!  As a big Porsche fan I’m hoping to see some great cars at the Le Mans Classic next weekend.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Premier Iconslowoldman
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

There should be a Nordschleife 24 hours

</div>

There is and it’s epic!

leegee

I’m really surprised they have allowed this, i know Nick Heidfeld unofficially shattered the lap record in a BMW F1 car in 2009, others may have done so too since.

I was told by some in the know locals that they would never allow the lap record to be broken out of respect for the memory of Stefan Bellof

slowoldman

There is and it’s epic!

Blimey, I only said it in jest. I thought they only used the short circuit these days. What’s the motor racing equivalent of chapeau? Casque I suppose.

dannybgoode

Wow. They should so have the F1 cars back there.

dawson

Watched it last night and the speed made my head hurt. The footage looks like it’s speeded up, but that’s the actual speed it’s going…

Mind boggling.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Certainly more entertaining than the go pro footage usually posted on stw!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Porsche 919 Tribute at the ‘ring’ is closed to new replies.