Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Poor response from a fellow STW seller
  • wheely
    Free Member

On a positive note I bought a set of wheels off Johnny a while back and they were ace. He is a good and honest seller and expects the same level in return. Don’t we all?

Edukator
    Free Member

635mm is big for a 622 ERTO rim, I’d expect no more than 632. Did you measure over the hub (which would make your measurement to big) or did you put a horizontal line form the top of the rim across to a wall and then measure up the wall which gives an accurate result. At 635 mm it’s close to a 630 ERTO rim (the old 27″ standard).

Have a read of this and have a good look at the rim to see if it’s marked  622 or 630 anywhere.

https://www.schwalbe.com/fr/groessenbezeichnung.html

philxx1975
    Free Member

Just out of interest wtf has his poor response got to do with any of us ?

All the background story is irrelevant , you get lied to every day buddy dont use it as an excuse.

jonnyrockymountain

Of course a seller has responsibility ?

twonks

I’d say you’re barking up the wrong tree.

Why does the seller have any responsibility?

He sold you a set of wheels that you were happy to pay for.

They are not broken or not as described etc, just that you didn’t do enough research before buying them.

A quick ‘ryde 29″ wheels review’ in Google brings up five threads from STW that mention slightly problematic rims and one from Superstar where the chap states he had a mare getting tyres on some Ryde rims.

That alone should have prompted more questions and digging. Blaming the seller is plain daft, and expecting him to send you a tyre is ludicrous.

DezB
    Free Member

As my title POOR RESPONSE from a fellow stw

Hardly a fellow STW – he’s put about 10 classified ads up. If it was one of us special lot, we’d not lie to ya jonny, onest we wouldn’t

al2000

Ryde rim you say? Look on the bright side – if you do manage to get the tyre on, first sniff of a rock will have you needing a new rim anyway.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Edukator finds a new entrant in wheel standards, 27″, not seen for 30+ years…

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Surely the trails will be that little bit more “alive” with a 27″ wheel.

Andy

To be fair, think I have bought off Jonny in the past, and it was excellent,  just as described.

Its just the 4,000 ads for that brown NS Rag 90mm stem that caused the frustration, day after day. Sorry.

Dude; 3-5 listings max. If it doesnt sell off to ebay or the local bike charity, or offer it free with the next thing you sell.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of a rim being manufactured oversize by mistake

I had a set of Easton EA50 rims that were a pig to get tyres on. Emailed Easton and they said there were a batch that were slightly oversized. Sent them off, got them back and was much easier to deal with after that.

FuzzyWuzzy

Asking someone to send you a tyre just to try is hardly a faff-free or cost-free experience for them yet that seems to be what you’re expecting. Your implication seems to be he only sold them on as he couldn’t get tyres to fit himself so I don’t think this reads as just a ‘poor response’ post.

theboatman
    Free Member

I can half see Jonny’s frustration, but wonder if the seller initially meant they just hadn’t tried to fit the tyre’s that were with the wheels? But I’m just speculating. I’ve bought and sold on the classified’s for year’s, including from Jonny I think, and only ever had one slightly bum deal. I don’t really have an issue with user’s that just frequent the classified’s either, not everyone wants to argue the same 1x versus front mech post ad finitum, those thread’s alone feel like the FS – NS rag stem ad only they take far longer to read!

philxx1975
    Free Member

This is one of those thinly veiled dragging the seller through the mud things , this could have been handled completely off of here.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Poor response from a fellow STW seller’ is closed to new replies.