Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Poll (sort of): How many of your bikes are currently rideable?
  • james
    Free Member

.. and how many aren't?

Oh and Excluding punctures

I'm on 1 of 4, though I haven't got round to blowing the tyres up since fitting them on the XC HT
    FS is waiting to replace the headset, could do with replacing hub bearings and the chain/casette/chainrings want swapping. I've got all the bits, I'm a bit stumped on removing the worn out internal (not integrated) one
    Slick tyred rigid bike is missing a front mech
    4X/DJ play bike needs some (uncontaminated) pads and a solution to the chain jamming between ISCG mounts and crank

(lengthy desciptions welcome)

jedi

i have 6 bikes all ready to roll

benji_allen
    Free Member

1 of 1. I'm such a pauper 🙁

AlasdairMc

3 of 3 are rideable. FS needs an inner tube replaced at some point, HT has a slight bend in a rotor and SS is just creaking slowly to death.

grahamt1980

3 of 4, need to sort out the bottom bracket and fix a puncture on the dh bike

Kevevs
    Free Member

3 0f mine, 2 of other peoples. other peoples need a bit of fettling. They are not interested in new tyres, brakes etc, just want it to work!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

2 solos, one tandem ready to go – one road bike been hanging on the wall for 15 yrs, one broken unicycle.

Its one place where I am obsessive – the tandem was stripped to be transported and lovingly rebuilt with most bolts removed and regreased, everything cleaned and chains lubed!

lipseal
    Free Member

Five out of five 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

4 out of 5. All could probbly do with a new something or other, but they go ok so that's all that matters. The racer can be coaxed into action, but does need some new parts. The shifters are knackered.

_tom_
    Free Member

2 bikes, both rideable.

wildrnes
    Free Member

5 of 13…..
    Oops

Zukemonster
    Free Member

almost 4/5…

don't have quite enough pedals to go round, apart from that have them all running nicely apart from my old rockhopper which is minus working hubs, gears and brakes….

eth3er
    Free Member

2 out of 3

nickjb
    Free Member

3/3 Just about. Just put the FS back together today; Commuter's rear wheel is just about hanging on; SS needs new grips but its rideable. Puncture on the 29er unicycle, was fine when I parked it so must be a slow one.

samuri
    Free Member

Roadlite – rideable
    Pimpino – rideable
    Chameleon – rideable
    Handjob – Needs lots of work doing on it
    Kaffenback – rideable
    Van Tuyl – rideable

wow! That's all the bikes I have at the moment, I have been so brutal recently!

Sawyer
    Free Member

Downhill bike is fine.

XC bike is hanging in there, despite massive amounts of rear wheel bearing play ever since Mayhem.

BMX works, but is made up of such a mish mash of bits I'm suprised.

Jump bike needs chainring bolts to be rideable.

DezB
    Free Member

2 out of 4
    Road bike forks been removed for replacement and got brake problem.
    Yeti awaiting new bearings for the last month or so
    Hardtail is ok (but has summer tyres)
    Singlespeed/hack is fine and in daily use 🙂

iamsporticus
    Free Member

HT – sorted
    Road – sweet
    Commuter – OK for commuting but as Im UB40 unused 🙁
    FS – in bits, needs bearings, fork service, etc
    Original Retro MTB – needing restoration

So 3/5 for me
    And 1/5 not likely to be commuted for a while
    Does that make it 2/5??

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

100% of all I have = one

Gary_C

50%, or 2 out of 4

S/S= Rideable.
    F/S= Rideable.
    D/H= In bits as it has been for 11months…
    'Alps' bike= Still bagged up since coming back from Morzine a month ago…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My 3 are ridable. GF's two are too (tho she hardly ever does).

One Mongoose frame-only

phiiiiil

Just one out of three, both mountain bikes are in bits… 🙁

Off to Snowdonia at the weekend… I might be finding out how good / bad the cross bike is up in the mountains!

vdubber67
    Free Member

5/7

ahwiles
    Free Member

5 / 5

MrOvershoot

7 of 7 though there are probably another 2 nearly there 😳

M1llh0use
    Free Member

3.5 out of 4

Singlesoeed Scott scale ready to go
    456SS currently on turbo trainer duties, could do with brakes bleeding
    Trek fuel ex8 ready to go
    Zx636r b1h wearing track fairings ready to go, road fairings freshly painted, need a quick run over with rubbing compound then they'll be ready to be fitted.

Jamie
    Free Member

0/1 and it's doing my nut.

Forks being repaired (hopefully) under warranty.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

If you count frames, I have 6 bikes. 2 are rideable, the rest are just frames really.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Road bike – good to go
    Racer X – squirt of lube on the chain and fork stanchions
    Maxlight – shares wheels with Racer X so only one ready at a time
    Motolite – pump up the tyres and stick some brake pads in

So 2 of 4, but over the years I've found that I can only ride one bike at a time so I'm currently 100% over-prepared.

scoobmw
    Free Member

3 of 3, though the riding to work bike is struggling with gearing just now despite new cables, cassette, crankset and chain. Think the hanger is goosed but it's an ancient old Bike Co-op bike, and live nor work anywhere near the place anymore.
    '5' is rock n roll
    Kona HT is pretty good though front fork remote lockout disnae work anymore – disnae spring back – have to haul the cable !

theboatman
    Free Member

3 from 3 all good, roadrat for daily commute is suitably filthy and it's a race between the rim and the hub for which will die first. My pastic road bike is mint and has seen a good summer, but sadly despite my soul being good to go it's has seen more dust from the shed than the trails this year, but it's limited outings still put a smile on my face!

cheers_drive

3/3
    Despite obviously not being able to ride 3 at once it really nags me if a bike is out of action.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Four out of four rideable. It bugs my happiness if they're not

Why have them otherwise?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

1/2 New cassette, rings and chains – came in from ride and cleaned bike and chain as always – hmm time to check the chain (OMG) 😡 chain is well worn. Still 8 months and 2 chains worth of riding. Going for XTR and will check chain more regularly. Its expensive but I am worth it 😀 and the 100km Brecon Beast this weekend will be so much easier without slipping chain LOL

thepodge
    Free Member

Five work
    One doesn't

Northwind

3 of the 5. Though the Hemlock is slightly unwell with a slow puncture I've not bothered to fix and various squeaks from the rear end. The other 2 are just piles of bits, one is awaiting me having the energy to finish spraying it and the other is just neglected.

Jamie
    Free Member

Kona HT is pretty good though front fork remote lockout disnae work anymore – disnae spring back – have to haul the cable !

What fork is that out of interest?

mamadirt
    Free Member

3 out of 4. I hate it . . . there's no room in my kitchen . . . I only want one 👿

valleydaddy
    Free Member

2 out of 4

the 2 that don't are historic MTB memorabilia that will be refurbed for a retro event one day to scare myself 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

3 of 3. Road, mtb and bmx.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Poll (sort of): How many of your bikes are currently rideable?’ is closed to new replies.