Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Poll of polls
  • druidh
    Free Member

If I wanted to set up an online poll (only two options) and also wanted to try to ensure that folk didn’t vote multiple times, what would be the simplest solution? Is there a website for carrying out such a thing (a bit like those endless surveys we get spammed with)?

TIA

geoffj

If you had discrete email addresses for those who you wanted to respond, then there is an option using survey monkey to invite a list of addressees

If you want it to be open access then I dunno.

edit – bit more info here http://help2.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/SurveyMonkeyArticleType/How-can-I-limit-surveys-to-one-response/?fs=RelatedArticle

RealMan
    Free Member

Survey monkey seems popular.

EDIT: too slow.

Stoner
    Free Member

yeah, I vote against the new classifieds rule too.

geoffj

or a dedicated PHP poll script on a website would probably be the most flexible option.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

TBH one owild have to be churlish and deliberately obtuse to look at the responses on the ruling and believe that most forum users support it. The decison is ot being made based on forum users views. Some other driver is at work. That might be the views of sellers. Te reuslts of a poll will not inform policy.

It’s like govt. your view is not relevant because policy does not change your behaviour. Mot folks don’t really care because it does not affect them directly.

druidh
    Free Member

Any other suggestions for an online polling mechanism?

Cougar

I was looking for a poll a couple of days ago. First hit on Google was http://www.easypolls.net/

I’ve not used it in anger other than rolling a quick test, but I did notice that one of the options was “Advanced anti-cheat.” How it works, I’ve no idea; from the text it sounds like it scrutinises similar responses?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Poll of polls’ is closed to new replies.