Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • @ Pole Evolink Owners. Dropper routing?
  • bill-oddie
    Free Member

I read in a few places that the shock on the Evolink (not the machine) gets in the way of internal dropper routing.

Is it a big problem?

Thinking of buying one but don’t want to spend that much on a bike that has annoying niggles.

Don’t want to run external routing as all those droppers suck!

I’ve got a one-up at the moment. Ideally I’d want to keep using that

bill-oddie
    Free Member

Bump – one more try. No Evolink owners on here?

bedmaker

It limits how far the dropper will insert. Plenty other sussers the same though.
    For me on a medium, with a fairly short 31″inseam, a 125 stealth dropper was the limit.
    I got a 150 transfer though, with external cable.
    The Evolink is setup with cable guides for the transfer, which definitely doesn’t suck.
    I have kept my one to use on my jartail as it’s so nice, despite it having stealth routing.
    I’m selling my Evo140 , medium, as it happens 😉.

leeroysilk
    Free Member

A friend of mine rides an Evolink, he’s never mentioned any issues with routing his internal dropper and trust me he’s exceptionally finicky!

bill-oddie
    Free Member

Ok thanks chaps. Sorry I need a large so can’t take you up on the medium.

@bedmaker
    – how come you are getting rid out of interest? Anything else to watch out for with the evolinks?

jonf66
    Free Member

I have a XL Evolink and have routed all cables without any issue dropper post is 160mm One up.

bill-oddie
    Free Member

Cheers – sounds like its not a big deal then.

How long have you add yours jonf66?

The bearing sets are the other thing that looks like a potential issue – have you had to change yours yet?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘@ Pole Evolink Owners. Dropper routing?’ is closed to new replies.