Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Polaris Bikewear
  • doomanic

What’s the fit and quality like on Polaris clothing, specifically the waterproof shorts?

ogden
    Free Member

I bought 2 sets of AM Flux waterproof shorts in a sale a 2-3 years back and they have been ace, I’m not sure I’d pay full price for them but Polaris have sales quite a lot.

Size wise I’m a 32 and the Medium fit perfectly. They are more of a traditional fit than say fox where everything is fitted and tapered in.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Polaris are my go-to shorts (cos of my thunder thighs). I have four pairs of the AM500 shorts, the oldest of which is approaching 6 years, which is mighty impressive for me as a serial destroyer of shorts.
    It’s worth signing up to their newsletter, as the prices tend to fluctuate wildly.

duncancallum

Agreed I love the brand n still have some shorts from 20odd years ago.

They’re a bugger for flash sales though so sign up n wait.

https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/Discovery-Zoned-Trail-Shorts-with-Detachable-Brace-p/pol01-7057-p.htm are my most used shorts

Had to get xl due to my thighs being tight in the legs.

doomanic

@duncancallum what’s your waste measurement?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

what’s your waste measurement?

Why does the size of his poo matter?

z1ppy

Hmm kinda fancy some of those discovery shorts, as my basic AM500 (not repel) have been a great bit of kit over this last winter, but the website notes no returns due to ‘ Clearance price due to high fabric wear on seat’

duncancallum

I’m an odd shape

Waist 36. Which the largest where fine with.

It was just too snug on my thighs

doomanic

Sounds like they’ll be too tight on me at the moment. I’ve shifted a lot of timber this year but I’ve still got thighs like tree trunks.

The no return issue means I can’t buy two sizes and send back the one that doesn’t fit.

duncancallum

If you message them they will measure them up.

Nothing but praise for their customer services

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I doubt you’d have thigh-clearance issues with the AM500s. That’s the reason I started using them. The sizing between models is inconsistent though. I bought a pair of Galaxy shorts in the usual size and had to return them for a smaller size. And even they’re still a bit big on me.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Noticed the AM500 list price has gone up to £75. I’ve never paid more than £40 (either from Polaris or Go Outdoors).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Polaris Bikewear’ is closed to new replies.