Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • poetry voice. Bloody nationwide advert
  • Pook

I guess it’s worked on me but bloody hell

jekkyl

Don’t engage with that shit, pause and browse the web then ffwd.

TheDTs
    Free Member

+1 here. Good grief he would be a nightmare to share a house with or work with. Could turn me to violence.

DezB
    Free Member

Ever since they started with these cringeworthy, annoying adverts, I decided I’d never bank with Nationwide. Worst thing is when they show them in the cinema and you can’t escape! 😠

martinhutch

Ever since they started with these cringeworthy, annoying adverts, I decided I’d never bank with Nationwide.

+1. Must be working for someone, though.

Reading out your Facebook posts in a weird rhythm doesn’t make it poetry.

poly
    Free Member

I like them.  Probably more than any advert I can think of for a bank/building society.  Hasn’t made me switch financial provider though.

martinhutch

Financial Services ads are just odd at the moment. I like the one with Philomena Cunk in it that makes Barclays look like a bunch of sinister crooks.

Then there’s the ones from Lloyds that try to make them look all caring by distracting you with a cute horse while they reposess your house.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Could be worse…

FuzzyWuzzy

Is anyone else noticing this guy popping up in loads of ads at the mo? I can’t decide if he’s wearing a fake glasses/nose thing or not…

Wookster

Yes that nobber is in lots of stuff at the moment!

jekkyl

People still watch adverts?  why?    stop it!

DezB
    Free Member

Ah yes! Lloyds all caring about mental health..! Do me a favour!

bikebouy
    Free Member

In the world of media obliteration adverts like these work, because you are talking about them.

They might not be designed to “sell” you anything, other than just the Brand awareness.

When I worked for Barclays we got to see, and choose, the “best message” adverts before they were released. That one ^^ wasn’t the most psychologically scary one, it and two others were the least scary options… odd they’ve never released the Clown chasing  an old age pensioner one 🤔

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

AHHHH …….. Nationwide Building Society……there for its members ……..hhmm….. and the 7 figure salary and benefits packages for the Board members.

njee20
    Free Member

Could be worse…

I assume you’ve seen the Flo & Joan Nationwide advert…? Very annoying.

I don’t mind the current ones all that much. By which I mean the 4 seconds of it it takes me to remember I’ve recorded whatever we’re watching and can thus fast forward.

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, I so wish I was all clever and knew the intricacies of subliminal advertising and brand awareness.

I was already aware of the brands – I bank with Lloyds, I had a mortgage with Nationwide. Now they have just succeeded in annoying me and making me turn the sound down on my telly. A success!

martinhutch

That one ^^ wasn’t the most psychologically scary one, it and two others were the least scary options… odd they’ve never released the Clown chasing  an old age pensioner one

I, for one, believe that that advert actually exists. 🙂

Does seem to be a well established trend that annoying the hell out of the audience actually works…because it’s the only way to get you to remember the ad/brand.

So from ‘I’M BARRY SCOTT’ we moved swiftly to Go Compare and the **** meerkats/tight-shorted gentlemen…

Even turning down the sound doesn’t help you here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBE17VyzABU

perchypanther
    Free Member

odd they’ve never released the Clown chasing  an old age pensioner one

I hope the clown was an Irish magician who pulled things out of a huge comedy top hat to frighten the old biddy.

They could call him Gerry Hat-Trick.

PJay
    Free Member

People still watch adverts?  why?    stop it!

This ^^^^^!

perchypanther
    Free Member

People still watch adverts?  why?

….because I’m too tight to pay for a “P” and Mark and Chipps need a new van?

DezB
    Free Member

Mark and Chipps need a new web developer 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

odd they’ve never released the Clown chasing  an old age pensioner one

I hope the clown was an Irish magician who pulled things out of a huge comedy top hat to frighten the old biddy.

They could call him Gerry Hat-Trick.

BOOM👌

The storyboard was a Clown pacing up and down the pensioners street, then knocked on the door and proceeded to try and get the pensioner to sign up to a load of House remediation stuff, he then walked off and a ghost clown followed the pensioner out of the house to the supermarket..

It was both funny and scary, the message was be careful of who approaches you at your home, don’t sign anything or let them in otherwise the experience will follow you wherever you go…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘poetry voice. Bloody nationwide advert’ is closed to new replies.