Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Poc Tectal helmet
  • Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

There seems to be some good deals on the 2021 model at the moment. Anyone got one? Any thoughts? Is the sizing true to their size charts? Thanks

submarined
    Free Member

I’ve got a Tectal Race SPiN, and I love it. Most comfortable helmet I’ve ever had, and send to cool well as well. Forget it’s there, which is the best thing I can say I reckon!
    In my experience they come up large. I usually take a L, and sized down to a M/L for this one. Never had to with any other brand.

The-Beard

I got a Race Spin one in a sale a while back. Looks great, vents well and has good coverage. But, it pinches at the temple, especially on the right side.  I can cope with it on short rides, anything over an hour and a half and it starts to get uncomfortable. I was out all day a couple of weeks ago and had to take it off as it was starting to get painful. Can’t figure out why, maybe just incompatible with my oddly shaped head! Oh, it’s also tricky finding glasses that fit with it!

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

I have a tectatal and find the brim of the body of the helmet comes down too low so I can always see it which is moldy annoying other than that it’s been great.

Personally I wish they still made the trabec that was the perfect lid for me.

v7fmp

I use the tectal and agree it’s a very comfy helmet. Does sit a little lower than others, but I like that.

I just bought a second one.

I bought the m/L and L/XL as I was on the cusp of sizes. The L/XL was huge, so sent it back. M/L fits like a glove.

I recommend buying from someone like CRC or Sigma, so you can easily return if it’s not for you.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

I suspect I’m between sizes as well… I don’t suppose you measured your head did you! Cheers

Anyone know a shop in Derbyshire, or Sheffield that stocks them where I can try on?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.