Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • POC Kortal- anyone tried one yet?
  • kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’m debating between a Tectal Race and a Kortal MIPS for my next helmet. Has anyone on here tried the Kortal yet? Any views on fit and size? I’ve read that the Tectal is quite low profile which appeals and wondered if the Kortal was similar.
    Cheers

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Bug bump

honourablegeorge

Pondering the same question. My Montaro is long overdue a replacement, and the Troy Lee A2 I bought to replace it is a shade too big for me. Wondering how the POC ones size up. I seem to be on the borderline for sizing.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve got an A2 as well in M/L. It’s slightly mushroomy on my head. Sounds like the POCs are narrower fitting so might suit my head shape better.

honourablegeorge

LOL… I hear you, the too-big-for-me A2 is full on mushroom, it’s massive.

theronin
    Free Member

Got both, the kortal fits much better than the tectal on me anyway. The tectal sits/compresses on my temples which becomes uncomfortable on long rides. I’d say the kortal looks big on the head but fits great, and I find it very comfortable. They both seem to hold sweat that can drip in to your eyes.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s useful info. I’ve ordered a Kortal so will update when it arrives.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Kortal is massive, looks silly on me. Tectal fits me like a (head ) glove

philstone

Got an A3 and it’s much less mushroomy than the A2, just as another option.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

I have a Kortal Race in grey size large worn once for sale if you’re interested…

RudiBoy
    Free Member

brake neck YHM

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

So, the Kortal has arrived. It’s the medium large size, so 55-58. My head is at the top of that sizing but the helmet fits well. With the retention system at the lowest setting there’s still a good few clicks of adjustment on the wheel at the back to tighten. Fit wise, it’s definitely lower on the head than my Troy Lee A2, noticeably deeper coverage around the temples and back of the head. My Oakley Jawbones fit completely fine with the helmet, either over or under the straps. It’s a comfy helmet, but is a narrower fit than the Troy Lee. I have a narrowish head and wouldn’t want it any narrower really. I’ve got a Tectal Race Spin coming tomorrow so will compare with that and decide which to keep.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Will be interested to see the comparison OP. I have a tectal and love the fit and the weight. Tried a kortal quickly today and it felt more cumbersome, but maybe it was a mental thing, as it feels ‘big’, like bulky.  Let us know how you go.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Will do. Not quite sure what I’ll do if I like both.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Sell one to me at mates rates 🙂

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Hi Kneebiscuit did you get have anymore feedback on these helmets also can I ask is the sizing true?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Wore it for a ride on Friday. I’m at the top end of the sizing for M/L but it was perfectly comfortable and still has scope to adjust. Really comfy, well ventilated and the peak did a good job at keeping the rain out of my specs. It is definitely better for narrow heads I’d say. Hope that helps.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

As for the Tectal Race Spin. I’ll be sending that one back. Similar fit to the Kortal but I just preferred the Kortal.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Thanks Kneebiscuit I have a small head (I think) and currently use a Giro Montaro Mips Medium which has never been comfortable and fully tightened so expect I may try smaller initially. How have you found the adjustment with the Kortal I can’t find much details about the 36o adjustment.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

It doesn’t seem significantly different to any other adjustment system I’ve used to be honest.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Awesome thanks Kneebiscuit

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

No worries! For anyone else interested, my Oakley Jawbones also fitted without any issues with the Tectal as well.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Hi Kneebiscuit tried the small today unfortunately head to big really nice helmet.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘POC Kortal- anyone tried one yet?’ is closed to new replies.