Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plus hardtails. Have you changed to big volume 29er wheels. Any regrets etc…?
  • PolisherMan

Bought my Tarn with plus wheels, which is ace downhill, but a very low BB (fed up with mashing cranks) makes me wonder about going 29 x 2.5. Anyone done it and gone straight back to plus/ wish they’re done it sooner?

scotroutes

When I built up my B+ bike I also built a set of 29er wheels. They’ve been used for two rides….

tomhoward

Full fat hardtail also has 29×2.4 tyres/wheels, very different rides

FS ebike had 27.5×3 tyres, it’s vastly improved by having 29×2.4 tyres/wheels…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have a hardtail that can be plus, but never has been, because I immediately put 2.4 x29 in it. For the soggy months round my way, plus is too compromised in the corners.

kazafaza
    Free Member

I’ve had my Tarn built with Panaracer Fat B Nimble (or Nobby Nic 2.6”) at the back and the Knard up front.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W8i9Jgb4TXxbPbTAA

jameso

I had access to a bike that took both for a while. Both have pros and cons but I ended up sticking with the big 29er wheels. It”s not rocky my way, often muddy and I just prefer the feel of 29 x >2.35 somehow. Nothing to gain in fit or geo for me from the smaller OD of B plus. B plus is great over dry loose or rocky stuff though.

andykirk
    Free Member

29×2.6 Nobby Nics on a Vassago.  Really like them.  Very comfortable and carry momentum well.  Still trying to work out how best to corner.

TheGhost
    Free Member

I’m running –

27.5+ with 2.8s and 29 with 2.5s on my Chameleon. Both are great, I just pick the set that best fits the conditions, ride, terrain etc.

Plus is my favourite, but 29 is faster when I’m out with the xc/roady boys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Plus hardtails. Have you changed to big volume 29er wheels. Any regrets etc…?’ is closed to new replies.