Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plumbing (sorry) boiler fuse keeps going
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I posted about my programmer having died the other day. Well, got a new one, and now the fuse for the boiler keeps blowing. It runs for a while, in this case though it was only about 2-3 mins. It had a 3A fuse in it, most google people seem to think 5 is more common.

Any suggestions of where to look for a fault?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wrong ecu fitted ?

geoffj

😆 @ Trailrat

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m never going to rise to ECU or overtaking jokes, just for your information 🙂

Anyway, this could be a short thread. Opened the airing cupboard door to put the immersion on, got the tell-tale smell of burnt out electronics. Looks like a tiny leak has been dripping onto the wiring for one of the motorized valves.

footflaps

If your boiler includes a pump, then there’s a couple of hundred watts there, otherwise there’s not a lot else that should draw power, just a few solenoids for the gas valve / water valves etc. I’d have thought 3A would be fine.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Burned out wiring will do that. Did on ours anyway.

molgrips
    Free Member

The connector for the valve was all gummed up with the brown stuff.. I think it’d been dripping on there for a while.

bennn
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve self-diagnosed!

molgrips
    Free Member

Although not sure why if it was just water in the wires that I’d smell that smell.. maybe water in the motor valve too.

bennn
    Free Member

Water and electrics can do wonderful things, normally arcing or burnt insulation that smells. 240v going to earth is never good though, turn it off, get your leak fixed then look at a new actuator for your valve :mrgreen:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Plumbing (sorry) boiler fuse keeps going’ is closed to new replies.