Viewing 22 posts - 761 through 782 (of 782 total)
  • Please NO (closing ceremony)
  • convert

It wasn’t that bad.

chakaping
    Free Member

It wasn’t that bad.

No, but remember people haven’t really had anything to moan about since the empty seats at the start of the games!

jfletch
    Free Member

Moaning about the music was pointless, there were always going to be people you didn’t like.

But the thing that struck me was that it didn’t appear to be very slick and it masively lacked content. Which was really at odds with the rest of the games.

Got the impression that a lot of people said no!

Can just imagine them in the meeting room calling agents and crossing names off the white board. When they are finally done they look round the room and say “well we got the Spice Girls and Taio Cruz. George Michael is just going to have to sing two songs!”

Well there were some parts where I did want to scream

-Eric Idle mocking the Bhangra dancers was dreadfully unfunny. Looked like he was just poking fun at bunch of foreigners. Don’t think that was the aim though I do love Eric Idle
    -Russell brand? Please god no
    -The damn bloody models. After admiring such athleticism,the fact that we were subjected to a parade a bunch of overpaid servant abusing primadonnas , whose talent is walking up and down and pouting, made me want to throttle the director.
    -George Michaels new song…wtf.
    -One Direction…seriously?!
    -the omnipresence of Jessie “one album” J.
    -Songs being repeated…ad nauseum.

But at least I saw Mo Farahs in a blue bowler hat.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

For me it was entertainment at its highest level.
    Fantastic atmosphere and George Michael was exceptional! A true inspiration to us all!
    I honestly don’t think most of you know what talent is!? Always moaning! 🙄

Harry_the_Spider

Well… err… I quite liked it. Sorry. 😳

However, Ray Davies is morphing into Keith Harris.

“Waterloo sunset’s mine”
    “No it isn’t”

phiiiiil

-The damn bloody models. After admiring such athleticism,the fact that we were subjected to a parade a bunch of overpaid servant abusing primadonnas , whose talent is walking up and down and pouting, made me want to throttle the director.

We thought the whole thing was thoroughly good fun and an excellent sendoff for a super two weeks, but I would agree with this bit. The last two weeks have been all “look, THESE are real role models who are worthy of looking up to” and then right at the end they spoil it all by rolling out a load of useless wastes of time who wouldn’t recognise hard work, effort or determination if you hit them over the head with it.

Rockape63
    Free Member

The undoubted star of the show for me was the stadium. Before the event it looked very nondescript, but the lighting transformed it into the most spectacular venue Ive ever seen. Just an awesome backdrop for the show.

Brazil’s 70’s style effort, made our show look all the better. Pity them for having to follow that!

phiiiiil

The use of the seat lights was fantastic last night, particularly the sound wave bits during that little bit of Queen. Amazing stuff, I’d love to know how much work was involved in getting that little lot all working!

avdave2

After 2 truly fantastic weeks, that have shown this country in a refreshing and dynamically different light, last night looked cliched, lazy, hackneyed and twee. Truly bloody Awful, to the point of being embarrassing! The whole thing looked like it’d been cobbled together by someone who’d never actually been to this country, but picked up everything they needed to know from a shop selling postcards in Camden! showed just how quickly we could knuckle down and get back to business as usual.

It truly was the worlds biggest pin stuck in the worlds biggest balloon. With the exception that is of the lighting which was excellent and kept me watching. At least the Brazilians helped by doing something even worse. But in the end it really didn’t matter, the opening was brilliant as were the games and I’m happy to think that there was nothing left to give by the time it came to the close.

aracer
    Free Member

last night looked cliched, lazy, hackneyed and twee.

Spot on for a closing ceremony then

aracer
    Free Member

glitchy bump

aracer
    Free Member

glitchy bump 2 (when will they get round to fixing this forum?)

aracer
    Free Member

glitchy bump 3 (I think that’s a new pb)

aracer
    Free Member

glitchy bump 4 (surely it’s not really all that difficult to count posts the same way when deciding where to put a new post and what the last page is?)

aracer
    Free Member

glitghy bump 5 (actually clearly it is)

zokes
    Free Member

Right. For some reason known better to herself, MrsZ has decided we’re watching this tonight (here in Oz).

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

And who were the ‘biggest selling’ talentless schoolkids after the almost-equally talentless petshop boys?

All those army guards and not one did the decent thing?

Is there anything at all to look forward to, or should I just kill myself now?

zokes
    Free Member

I honestly don’t think most of you know what talent is!?

I think there was plenty of talent on display for the past two weeks. Just very little musical talent.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Try this version on BBC iPlayer, no inane commentary, fast forward to any bits that you like.

Almost bearable…

BBC iPlayer Closing Ceremony – no commentary

Enjoy?

Squidlord
    Free Member

I like to think we’ll be able to keep this thread going until the next Olympics

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Shame McCartney didn’t come on as they like to pull the plug on him at 10.30 and saved us all from last nights cringefest.

robbieh
    Free Member

Looked like boris combed his hair!!

Viewing 22 posts - 761 through 782 (of 782 total)

The topic ‘Please NO (closing ceremony)’ is closed to new replies.