Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • please help find the name of this band and the song
  • Keva
    Free Member

I was in the local pub yesterday evening and there’s a video juke box playing but nothing to indicate what the songs are or who is singing them.
    The only clues I can give is that the song sounds similar to Caravan, sort of psychedelic folk rock. The band are dressed up in what looks like Georgian style clothes and they’re having sort of flamboyant sword fights etc. A mate said he’d seen it crop up before on youtube whilst searching but couldn’t remember the name of the band, he thought they might be from New York. I think it must be a fairly recent recording.

hols2
    Free Member

sort of psychedelic folk rock. The band are dressed up in what looks like Georgian style clothes and they’re having sort of flamboyant sword fights etc.

I assume you want to know who it is so you can warn all your friends that they are pretentious dicks.

136stu
    Free Member

Fleet foxes?

MadBillMcMad

Next time just open Google on your phone and type ‘what am I listening to’

Pyro

Tenpole Tudor?

theotherjonv

Next time just open Google on your phone and type ‘why am I in a pub with a jukebox drowning out conversation with my mates’ followed by ‘directions to a nearby Wetherspoons’ 😉

Keva
    Free Member

definitely not Fleet Foxes or Tenpole Tudor. jonv – it wasn’t very loud tbh, didn’t drown out any conversation.

zippykona

You need Shazam.

FB-ATB

Yardbirds “For Your Love” ?

easily
    Free Member

Was it this?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

world of twist went thru a Victorian stage
    https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/960x540/p0344t7g.jpg

Keva
    Free Member

I’m afraid it’s not the Yardbirds, nor Not the Nine O’clock News and it’s not the World of Twist pictured above either. Although listening to them it’s the closest guess so far, but I’m pretty sure what I’m looking for is a fairly modern recording. Thanks for trying, it’s a bit of a vague description I know!

curto80
    Free Member

kayak23

Does the pub have cctv?

It’s possible, with the help of the landlady and any other staff that you might be able to identify patrons that night, better yet, regulars, who might be familiar with that particular jukebox ‘loop’ and can help you to get to the bottom of this?

shermer75
    Free Member

Which decade d’you reckon?

racefaceec90

anagallis_arvensis

Terrafolk?

Keva
    Free Member

none of those listed above either I’m afraid.
    It would be a fairly recent recording so I’d say it’s only a few years old at most.
    Next time I’m in the pub I’ll ask one of the staff, they’d probably know.

mariner
    Free Member

Have a troll through this website see if it rings any bells.
    https://www.albumoftheyear.org/genre/193-psychedelic-folk/2019/

You can search by year.

Keva
    Free Member

that looks good mariner, cheers. Will have a look through those when I get chance to 🙂

maccruiskeen

I’ll keep clicking refresh until you do – this is tense!

DezB
    Free Member

What the goddam is that albumoftheyear site?!

mrsheen
    Free Member

Maybe Skyclad and they used the Ten Tudor Pole video?

offcumden
    Free Member

Circulus?

spot
    Free Member

Red fang

Won’t be Red fang but the clip has swordfighting in it 😁

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Sometimes those video jukebox things play a generic video along with a song. If the song had no video, released pre music video days or some other reason

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘please help find the name of this band and the song’ is closed to new replies.