Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PlanetX London Road
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

Just got one in their sale, I’m going to be running 40mm tyres on it and I’m trying to work out which of the Blumels SKS mudguards will fit without looking stupidly big. Can anyone help?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Not sure a London road will play nicely with 40mm tyres. I recall trying to get some nano’s on mine, they were mega tight with barely any clearance.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Its got 28’s on at the moment and there is acres of space, chap on Facebook posted that he’s running 42’s! I’ll guess I’ll see when they turn up 😀

cookeaa

Not sure a London road will play nicely with 40mm tyres. I recall trying to get some nano’s on mine, they were mega tight with barely any clearance.

Mine clears 40mm tyres comfortably, reckon it would squeak 45s, but I don’t run guards on it so can’t coment on clearance for 40s plus guards, you’d almost certainly be fine with 35mm and just about any guard.

swdan
    Free Member

I run 38mm gravel kings on m and next and there us just enough space for some sks chromoplastics. Bot sure theres room for anything else though m, I suspect you may struggle

ads678

I run 35’s and chromoplastics on mine. Have though about trying 40’s but wouldn’t be able to with the guards on I don’t think.

epicyclo

If clearance is tight for mudguards, maybe you can split the mudguard and run it on each side of the brake bridge.

I did this on my daughter’s Cube Hooper so I could fit 47mm tyres in.

The guards were off another bike – it would have been a neater join if I had uncut ones to bodge, but make sure they can’t flax against the brake bridge or stays or you’ll lose paint. If you do a neat job, then no spray comes through. (I used a bit of duct tape on the underside 🙂 )

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The WTB Nanos fit on with tons of space to spare. There looks to be space for guards as well although I haven’t bought any yet.
    Next job is to find the right tyre pressures to run!

richardthird

SKS Edge Alu 45 are brilliant! I run 37s with tons clearance on one, and 40s with Chromoplastic 45s on the other. Well, the chap at work I passed it on to does.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Thank you! I took it out for its first ride on rough trails today. I’m incredibly impressed with it really. On the 40c’s at around 60psi it’s comfortable and very composed when it gets a bit pot holey. I just need to increase my own confidence as I’m not used to riding clipless off road!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PlanetX London Road’ is closed to new replies.